Is Anyone Else An Ebay Addict?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Nikole • Feb 19, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I use to be somewhat of an ebay addict and I still go on there from time to time but not like I did at one time.
    Now I am mainly an Amazon shopper; but I will try to compare prices to ebay if I can just so I can see if I am getting the lowest price.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've never been a fan if Ebay. Just not a big fan of buying used items. I much prefer Amazon. My mother buys stuff from Ebay all the time but I def dont share her enthusiasm.

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've only sparingly used eBay, which I realize is definitely not enough. There's so much value to be had if you look around the site in a structured and purposeful way. It's something that I'm sure I will be more active with in the future.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be a fan a few years ago, but I've gone right off eBay now. It's really deteriorated over the years. The deals are nowhere near as good, the service can be very shoddy with no communication from the seller etc. I'm not a big fan anymore, so I very rarely shop on eBay now.

5. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I do love ebay. I got ripped off once years ago, but now it's easy to get re-imbursed from Paypal, so I don't worry so much about it. I'm not really addicted anymore but I sure was back when I used credit cards! LOL The laptop that I'm using right now was purchased from ebay about 6 years ago. I just had to install more ram and it's held up all these years.

6. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Despite all the complaints about ebay it has to be regarded as one of the greatest creations of the modern age. The concept of it is fantastic and has become part of millions of people's daily lives. Many people have become millionaires from trading on the site and many have made decent livings out of ebay. It has also made people's lives easier in terms of shopping and sourcing products.

I wouldn't call myself an ebay addict but at one time i did earn a part time income from selling on the site. I spent a great deal of time on there researching and marketing my product, however the ever increasing competition and ebays fee increases made me decide to call it a day. The days of the ebay millionaire are probably over now and it is very hard to make a living on there these days but it is still a fantastic concept.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a few things on Ebay and I am a seller on Ebay, but I am not addicted to being on the site for hours and hours at a time. When listing items for sell I do spend some time on the site, the only item I have purchased has been electonics for my computers.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be a big eBay addict when I first learned about it, back when you could get some really amazing deals. I still find good deals there, but mainly on hard to find items, or supplies I need for a project, that I'm unable to find locally. I've found over the years, that I prefer to drive less and shop online more, especially when gas prices were high, but it's just so easy to hop on eBay and shop, especially knowing that I'll be able to get what I need. I don't even mind that sometimes I have to wait longer, because that is built into my expectations. I do shop elsewhere online as well, but eBay is still my default for certain purchases.

9. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I love ebay! You seem to get a bit of a thrill when you're bidding on something and it comes down to the last minute! Always find myself searching for products on ebay before buying them elsewhere. Must have saved a fair bit!

10. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There was some advertising that stated if you're looking for something you'll find it on Ebay. That really grabbed my attention. I'm not an addict to Ebay but I was a casual seller and purchased some things that were hard to find. I've tried Amazon but because I'm more familiar with Ebay function I've been sticking with it.

11. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    I randomly buy things I see. I like to collect random things at a time. eBay just makes everything so much easier. I don't understand why, but checking everyday if something came in the mail, even though you know what it is, and likely has a little or no purpose, is still the best feeling. I guess it's just fun to open. eBay is just the easiest way to do this.

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No I am not an addict now, but I nearly became one. I used to look for bargains all the time, it then started to become much more though, so i stopped. I do love eBay though, because you can find things at a cheap price, but nowadays I try to limit myself, that way I don't waste money on junk.

13. TooMunchLove

TooMunchLoveNew Member

Threads:
    I'm an addict.
    Or rather, it's a really bad habit at least, that I need to kick!
    I'm trying to save money as best as I can, but sometimes I just find a good deal on ebay and I just have to get it.. and then another, and another. It's quite sad really..