Is anyone excited for the iWatch?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Jul 31, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rumors continue to swirl about Apple's iWatch or iTime, depending upon which reports you read. Are you excited for Apple's potential foray into the world of wearables? I wasn't too excited at first, but some of the rumors offer some intriguing potential features for the iWatch. The reported $299.99 price tag is a little bit excessive, but I still might buy one to check it out. We could have this wearable on the market within the next six months to one year.

What are your thoughts?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not all that excited abut smart watches in general, but I am looking forwarded this one and I am very curious as to what they could do differently. I think they can do a very good job at it considering their ecosystem already exists and runs very well and all they have to do is to integrate it. I'll probably wait until the next few generations though because I'd like to buy it when they have ironed out the details, but I think the price tag is fair especially if they make enough features to justify it.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The iwatch will be selling at about $300? The problem with the Apple people is that they tend to overprice their products. No matter how great that smartwatch is, I don't think I'd fork $300 for it.

I'm sure there are people who'll find it useful but considering the fact that I'm yet to get myself a smartphone [because I don't need one] a smart watch, especially the expensive sort Apple will be selling will be the last thing on my mind when I'm shopping for new gadgets.

4. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard any rumors about the new apple smart watch, but I've seen smart watches by other companies! My favourite is definitely the Moto360. It's the only smart watch that has a round display. It looks absolutely gorgeous and they are releasing in in September or October this year. They haven't released any information on the pricing, but it should cost just short of $200, making it over 100$ cheaper than the iWatch, if your price is correct.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see some smartwatches bundled with the Galaxy Note 3 and I'm not that excited with it. So I'm also not too thrilled with the iWatch. I don't think that the price tag is worth it. The features don't really strike my fancy. I think that it would be a very fashionable product though and may be it would be great for my business attires.

#5Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Smartwatches aren't really my thing, so I never get excited when they release them, regardless of the company. I actually have seen some latest smartwatch releases and I never even bothered to read the article. I think they're quite expensive and not really practical to use.

7. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    $300? Are you serious? I'm not excited at all. I mean good lord I wouldn't pay $300 for a watch, does it have something like a night vision feature or something because that price is really really over the top. Even if it's really useful you'd at least think $150 would be enough. I just hope it's either false or it's really worth the $300.