Is Anyone Here A Fan Of David Lynch's Work?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TommyVercetti • Mar 1, 2015.

1. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot and I admire the very accurate 'dream-like' quality to his films. At first viewing, it may be too surreal for casual movie-goers but it's not disjointed either. There's a clear progression and plot to his movies but it doesn't necessarily present itself easily. I even recommend a second viewing to some of his movies that are a little bit difficult to grasp the first time.

The ones that I particularly like are Blue Velvet and Eraserhead, but my personal favorite, despite not ever wanting to watch it again because the message just hits a little too close to home, is Mulholland Drive.

Also, a special mention to my favorite TV series of his, Twin Peaks and its corresponding movie, Fire Walk With Me. It was just about the best goddamn TV show I've ever watched.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do admire his vision. Twin Peaks was one of the best shows ever and am glad it is returning to answer some questions we were left with and also to have some good television too.

As a director he is very creative and eccentric, but more exciting to watch. I have found his work to be inspiring and thought provoking, delving into topics that others are afraid to.

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow! How could I not know that they were making a continuation set for 2016? That is absolutely wonderful news, and I hear agent Cooper will be returning also. I just wish they don't drop the ball like they did with the last part of the second season.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have enjoyed most of his works over the years, like plenty of other people. Not everyone likes his style, but that's true for just about everyone and everything else. I don't have a favorite work from him because I admire the majority of them!

5. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Whilst i am not a fan of David Lynch's work i have an admiration for his unique talent and his work as an advocate of transcendental meditation.

I tried to watch the Lynch film ''Eraserhead'' but i found it almost impossible viewing and was left completely mystified by the whole thing. I guess that is part of Lynch's plan though, i am usually a big fan of surrealistic films but that one went right over my head, i felt weird after seeing it.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The latest is that David Lynch has pulled out of 'Twin Peaks' for artistic reasons and the cast then took to social media and a

asking him to reconsider. I do hope he does because he is part of the whole process and I don't think it can work without him. The whole project was because of him and if they try to go ahead without him, maybe cast members will refuse or walk out? It would be a shame as so many are looking forward to this.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly can't say I'm familiar with his work. His name didn't ring a bell at all. I Googled him, and even then, I don't think I've seen anything he's worked on :(

8. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala you can read more about David Lynch here:

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't actually seen or sought out any of his more recent works, but I do remember sitting in my bedroom, as a teenage girl, watching Mullholland Drive, and wondering what the hell was going on. I have always considered myself to be quite a 'deep' person? It was frustrating because I could not work it out lol.

I ended up having to go online and read the theories of other people who had seen the movie. I do like his work though. It's different, and I am almost always up for that when it comes to creativity.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I really don't know much about David Lynch and his works. But he seems like an interesting person and I'm very curious about his works too, I'll try to watch one of his movies.