is Auto Zone a good place to buy parts?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by love2loveu • Jun 1, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I have a used car and I need to buy some parts. Where do you normally purchase parts for your car?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    AutoZone is a good place to walk in and get parts from. Most of the people there do actually know about cars, so they should be able to help you figure out what it is that you want. I don't know if they actually go out to the car and help you install like they do on the commercials, but I've always had success when I've gone in there.

If you don't need the parts right away, however, you can look on RockAuto.com and see if your parts are there. They may be a little cheaper than AutoZone. If you need them now you can get a reference price to walk into the store with.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Personally when it comes to car parts I go to a u-pick. Its pretty much a junk yard with cars that have been totalled or with cars that people didnt want anymore so they sell it to the u-pick and get paid a small amount for the vehicle. There are usually thousands of cars here and they place them in order of make and model so you can find the exact vehicle you have and then start looking through them and taking what you need. You bring your own tools and pull the piece out yourself so you only pay bare minimum on the piece. If you have a problem taking a piece out they can help you for a small fee. You can even rent a power tool from them if you did not come equipped with one to remove pieces that are really stuck in there. Its awesome.

4. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I go to Autozone. It's a good place to go and where I live the people are really helpful in finding what you need. I like them and always use them whenever I have stuff to get for my car. A lot of times they also have really good sales.

5. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of parts for my car that I could easily fix myself at AutoZone. It's good because there is usually an AutoZone everywhere and they have parts for pretty much all cars. I've always found the staff to be friendly and helpful as well. They will even scan your car for free and tell you what is wrong with it.

6. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have found them to be rather competitive on the pricing, but the best motto is to shop around. However, you may need to double check if they sell you the right part. My dad had to go to a place three times because they kept giving him the wrong part.

7. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have bought from Auto Zone before, but I usually buy from O'reilly auto parts instead. They usually are better priced and the customer service at my local store is fantastic!

8. ukfan41

ukfan41New Member

Threads:
    I have bought my car parts for them more often than not. I feel they are very knowledgeable and experienced in cars and car accessories.

9. Emmas_Nana

Emmas_NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I usually find everything I need at Autozone. I do shop around, but find in my area, that Autozone is usually the cheapest. If it is a special order part, they get it in quickly too. They do sell quality parts as well.

10. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I really like our Autozone. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They have actually gone out to the car to help diagnose what could be wrong and to help figure out what part you need. Whenever I have a car issue I buy from them.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like AutoZone also for their customer service and then as you said they know there auto parts and will help you all they can if it's something you need put on your car right now. They will go out and help there customers or put the part on if it is not a part where you need a shop to put it on. There are very nice and friendly people in their stores.

12. robin777

robin777New Member

Threads:
    The first thing when you get down to it and even before you touch any other part of the car you should remove all kinds of fluid from

. This includes wiper fluids from the windshield, brake fluid, transmission fluid, oil, and radiator fluid. After you're done with that you can remove the battery, the radiator cover and the radiator itself. Next you should remove the brake fluid container, the carburetor, the starter, the distributor cap, the air filter, and the spark plugs. You should also ensure that you have removed all wires. Next you should remove the engine, the exhaust system, the transmission, the seats, door panels, carpeting, dashboard, and steering wheel.

13. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    Autozone is excellent- they will go out of their way to help you and they back up what they sell. Every time I've been there the guys behind the counter seem to know what they're talking about- so I highly recommend them.

14. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    In our area, the AutoZone stores are understaffed and those that are there are often grumpy (probably overworked!). I'm not crazy about some of their brands: the Duralast batteries I've had nothing but problems with, though many of my friends have reported just the opposite. The filters (Deutch brand) seem fine.

O'Reilly has had the best prices on parts, and for my import car, they get the parts in much quicker and they are the right parts. The staff is matter of fact efficent and friendly without being buddy-buddy, and the service has been quick, even on the phone. I may have to drive a bit to get to them, but they are much better in this neck of the woods.

15. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    I like Auto Zone and Advanced Auto. They can test your sensors to see if one is faulty, which really comes in handy. You can also call them in advanced to see if they have a part in, and if not, how long it will take to order it. I’ve never had to wait more than a couple of days. If I needed a materialistic part, then I would visit Pull-A-Part however, because they are cheaper.

16. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    It is okay, at best. You save some money on the part but you aren't getting something new and you are doing all the work for it. I would rather pay a bit more for a brand new part then risk paying for a part from a wrecked car that could have some damage. They have very minimal guarantees so once you leave the lot it is a "Buyer beware," situation instead of a, "let us resolve this for you."

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    AutoZone is a great place to buy parts, but I buy most of my parts from local parts supplier in my area.

18. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have never gotten any parts from Aytozone, I usually go to Pep Boys, and Goodyear. But from the comments, the store sounds pretty good. Thanks very much everyone.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I need to be auto part, AutoZone is my first stop. I like AutoZone more than Pep Boys. U-Pick types places are great for the very knowledgeable and experienced. I don't fit into that category so I go to AutoZone.

20. ProverbsWife

ProverbsWifeNew Member

Threads:
    For the most part, the people there, know their stuff. We usually go to Auto Zone, two reasons for that. One, it's nearby, and two, they have a rewards program. After making 5 visits where you make at least a $20 purchase you will receive $20 in store credit.