Is Big Lots' Buzz Club worth it?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vrobnson • Oct 2, 2012.

1. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    I signed up to be a member of Big Lot's Buzz Club some time ago. I was at the check out, it was free and didn't take too much time. I thought the whole premise of the club was to send you advance notice of sales, offers, and discounts based on the amount of money you spend.

Does anyone know if there is a particular dollar amount that is required to spend before you receive anything? While I don't spend a ton of money in Big Lots, I think I spend enough to at least be able to receive some type of correspondence about something. I have never gotten anything. Whenever I go in the store, I usually know exactly what I am going for and I am almost always in a hurry, so when I get to the counter, I never think to ask. I guess the next time they ask me for my rewards club number or whatever it is they ask, I could ask them then.

I was trying to see if any members have every gotten any email offers or discounts from them.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    It's been awhile since I checked the requirements, but when I signed up you had to spend $20 on 10 visits. After that you got a 20% off pass. I did get a 20% off coupon in my email from time to time but nothing lately. Our local store has a 20% off sale once a quarter, and it's open to anyone. It's usually on a Sunday. I just watch for that sale and don't bother with the rewards card anymore.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The rewards card is worth it especially if you shop their often. Every time you spend $20 or more in a visit you earn a point. 20 points gets you a 20% off shopping pass. And it's 20% of your whole order, even furniture.

Also, they have a friends and familiy sale every quarter that if you have a buzz club card you generally get advanced notice of and in some stores you get early sale hours.

4. mistyn

mistynNew Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not the "Big Lots Buzz Card" is in fact a Great card to have. The #1 benefit from the card is the fact that the program is free. And "jleadbet" was correct you are rewarded for every $20 purchase made. At first it was per 10 visits but I had to clarify that with an Associate. And it is based on the $20 purchase that you receive the points which leads to the reward of 20%. Big Lots also emails 20% of the entire purchase just for being a member about every other month. And that comes in handy, I have saved over $100 for a large purchase. So, I would consider signing up for the program and make sure that you check your email often for the random In-Store Events, Contest and of course the 20% off the entire purchase coupon.

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    The Big Lots Buzz Card is a great card, unfortunately the nearest Big Lots in my area is a few miles away. I've only shopped there once.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't think it was worth it for me. Even though there's a Big Lots near me, I don't shop there often. The last time I was there, they had smelly fruit in front of the store. Now, they have stopped carrying the perishable food. Thank goodness.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have to spend 20 dollars on ten trips to get any discounts but that is going to change very soon. They are now changing how the rewards card works now it will be like any other rewards card everytime you but something and swipe it you will get a discount instead of waiting to spend 20 dollars ten times to get a discount it will give you the discount no more waiting.

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:

Are you sure about that? Big Lots has never sold fresh fruit. They are begining to look at accepting food stamps which would require refrigeration but they've never sold produce.

9. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    I think I would like that type of set up. There are certain things that I go to BigLots to buy simply because I know I can find them there, but I didn't know I had to make a certain number of visits and get points for $$ spent for the card to be beneficial to me though. In fact, I did see the 20% off signs on the road for the local BigLots
    this past Sunday. I had done all my shopping already (had been there earlier in the week) so I didn't have a real need to go to the sale.

10. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I have the card but I don't know how useful it is for me. I don't spend a lot there so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting many points. But I do like those 20% off sales they have once in a while. I've been able to save quite a bit of money from that.