Is Black Friday Worth It?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jason76 • Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    On black Friday in the US, the day after thanksgiving, there are massive deals on all sorts of things. In fact, a lot of people wait for hours for 12 AM on black Friday to commence so they can barge in like elephants. :) Anyhow, considering the sacrifice that has to be made, is the lower prices worth it? Note, just cause things are for sale on Black Friday, doesn't mean other people won't snatch them up before you. :rolleyes:

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I used to believe blindly that "Black Friday" was a great deal, but as time went on I realized it wasn't such a good deal.

The prices aren't usually as low as they should be, and I think product durability is highly questionable. Not to mention the fact that the places are always packed with a lot of people and I hate that.

"Black Friday" is just a very well made advertisement. :p

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worth of sacrifice for the Black Friday depends on the items you plan to buy. For your own personal needs, I don’t think you can save a lot especially if your budget is small. But if you are buying for goods worth $500 or more then you have a deal. My good friends in the US would brave the Black Friday queue on the night before. They would buy towels and clothing items, canned goods and other food items by the bulk. The items would later be sent to their relatives in the Philippines. Sometimes I even get a package from them with a note that they bought the goods on great discount.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I think Black Friday is a good deal. However, unfortunately, I almost never prepare for it. It always falls on the last day of the month. In that case, you have to save a great deal of cash from the 1st before you can enjoy the unofficial holiday.

Anyhow, how much do you all bring to Black Friday and is it a massive chunk of your paycheck?

5. Fran Sherrell

Fran SherrellNew Member

Threads:
    I shop in bulk during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I think that’s the best time to buy products at the least possible price.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I've only gone to a black friday sale once but I think I got there too late since I really didn't find much. To go and get a good amount of things one must go earlier and pretty much prepared. I have known of people who get amazing deals on electronics which they give out for gifts on Christmas. I didn't get to get any electronics as they were all gone and now I wished I had gone earlier. Now where I currently live there is a sale similar to black friday but that lasts a few days so it's much better as more products come out until they're done on those days.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go to stores I shop online at Cyber Mondays and get good deals if I wanted to buy something. I only shop Cyber Mondays when I need something. I like to save money, so I look at things at Cyber Monday that I might be needing in the near future or need at the time. Having money is the best thing rather than just buying things, I feel. Black Friday's and Cyber Mondays saves a lot of money, so I love it and feel it's really worth it. I tell the stores too, at twitter all the time...thanks for Black Friday's & Cyber Monday's too.