Is DealeXtreme a scam?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Denis Hard • Mar 13, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Deal eXtreme offers deals on electronics which are very hard to resist.
    But like anything that may sound too good maybe dealeXtreme isn't all that great. I've heard complaints from people who claim they'd been scammed by dealeXtreme. Most of those carping said they'd ordered for stuff and paid for it but never got what they'd bought.

So, have any of you used dealeXtreme? If you have, what would you say about them?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a bag from dx once and it arrived after 2 weeks. I don't think they're a shady site. Maybe the ones who never received their item probably got lost in the mail or the employees in their post office stole it.

3. DreamWave

DreamWaveNew Member

Threads:
    I have bought lots of things from DealeXtreme - electronics, jewelry,etc. They are not a scam website. They are in China, so things get done a little bit harder over there.
    Deliveries usually are very slow, unless you pay extra for a courier service.
    I have had issues when items did not arrive, but I contacted their customer service. They tracked my package and told me it got lost in the mail.
    They sent me the whole order AGAIN FOR FREE and this time I received it.
    I DID wait for a few months, but I got what I wanted in the end.

#3Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  4. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    DealExtreme is not a scam at all, but they don't have the best customer service. The stuff they sell is very very cheap plastic and electronic stuff from China, and it ships from China. The stuff is real, but because of the shipping issue it takes a long time to get to the U.S. Possibly months. You just have to know that going in and accept that when you shop at this site. It's for getting fun little gadgets that you don't need urgently. I bought a bunch of cool gizmos for $13 and it showed up a month later. Oftentimes they split up your order into multiple shipments and sometimes orders get "lost", but I don't think it's because they're intentionally trying to scam everyone. Their site is just so gigantic.

That said, I would not make purchase any big electronic items or spend hundreds of dollars there.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I got the one item I've ever ordered from them, so from my experience, I don't think they are a scam. I think some of the customers might just be placing their comments prematurely because sometimes the mail does tend to be delayed especially since they mostly just use the regular postal service each country has and those usually aren't always punctual. Also, items not arriving may not be totally DX's fault and instead just the mail system, although I do admit that they should still at least take responsibility as much as possible because customer satisfaction is still their business. I don't think they are a scam, though.