Is Drug Store Makeup Ok?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Rosyrain • Jun 27, 2016.

1. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:

Haha lol, seems we are in the same boat!
    You don't believe how much I have spent to clear up my skin! But at least now I have got my acne under control (many thanks to my dermatologist) But I believe i will never get that beautiful clear skin :) So, good foundations and concealers are my best friends forever lol :D
    But I agree with you,some people out there have a LOT bigger problems than bad skin and . So I have to be thankful , I'm healthy and I have my home, friends and family!

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I've also made peace with it. I've now got my acne under control too, and just try to manage it as best as I can. I tried everything under the sun until I finally caved and went to an expensive private skin clinic, which really made a HUGE difference! Now when I wear foundation, concealer and powder, people tell me I have flawless skin LOL Of course, that's not true, but I'm just so glad my skin has come so far. There used to be a time when even with makeup, I couldn't completely cover the catalogue of 'sins' on it!

3. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I think that it also depends on your skin. I would love to buy drug store makeup because I would save a ton of money. But, I have to buy from Macy's and that ends up being expensive. The only reason I do that is because my face will break out super fast. I can't use Elf which I used to always use, because it breaks me out so bad. I would love to be able to save the money, but I'm just not able to. I end up having to buy the more expensive stuff so that I don't break out.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    More expensive makeup is just gimmicky stuff. You are find by purchasing those at drug stores, there are not issues with that, quality is almost the same, only that brand's reputation is an added value also.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not so lucky when it comes to mascara for I can only use the clear ones I found at Walmart where so far cost comparing has the lowest prices on Oahu for make-up supply to nail polish. I love to get the clear nail polish that's only .99 the last time I went and got a small bottle of clear nail polish at Keeaumoku Walmart! All the drug stores has the same kinds of make-up as dept. stores and prices vary a great deal for both have sales and specials from time to time! It's good to go window shopping and stop by at the depts. where you get monthly things or staples and see prices. You'll be pleasantly surprised with prices for cvs, walgreens, safeway and ralphs has weekly sales and can be accessed online too.

6. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I think drug store make up is great and a lot cheaper, plus there are always sales and coupons you can use on them! If you want to see what maybe similar to what you are wear now in the department store makeup you can look online for dupes that are drug store makeup!