Is EA really the worst company ever?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly feel like that is something of an exaggeration truth be told. I mean I will admit that as a company they have done many a shady thing, but I can honestly say that in comparison with any number of other companies (companies that don't just produce games) they are like the driven snow. In fact, I sometimes have to wonder why people are so angry with Ea - is because of it's franchises or what? So I'm going to ask here since there are so many gamers amongst the members.

1. Do you hate EA?
    2. Do you feel like they are the worst company ever?
    3. Why?

Thanks in advance!

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really understand why EA was named as one of the worst companies in the gaming industry. I don't hate EA. Actually I liked some of their games. Maybe people are just irked with what EA is doing in producing sequel after sequel of games with very little innovation. Will the world become a better place with EA out of the picture? Will the gaming world be stronger with EA no longer producing games? Will gamers be happier if EA would go down? I don't think so.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Although EA is really bad but I wouldn't go as far as to naming it the worst company out there. I once regarded EA as one of the best companies with the best games. I agree that these days they are a mess. Their games rarely work right during launch, and their online is horrible. Their patches almost never fix the essential bugs and glitches, it looks like they don't care at all. At least one thing they did right, they got rid of online passes.

4. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    My opinion on EA used to be great all the way up until the point that they bought the NFL licence and are now the only company that can make a professional football game. 2K had some great football games and competition is good for the competitor. Heck, they even tried to bull the NBA license. Ugh.

5. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    EA is called the worst company, not for the quality, but for its practices.
    EA present a FIFA game in a generation, then every year launcehes the same engine with updated players with some enhancements.
    In example they launched a FIFA game when the PS3 was new, then we had almost the same game for years.
    FIFA 2007, 2008, 2009, 10, 11 etc. Almost the same game every year. This is just a example.

6. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    This is what gamers, such as myself, understand very well after supporting them. I don't know what's going on with their staff, but the people they have on each project put maybe half of an effort into making sure their product works. It deals with various other problems outside of game issues, like what were mentioned before, whacky servers for online gamers. If it's not that, it's the questionable service to even attempt to fix problem. They also tend to make promises on new releases and not fall through with it. This will of course cause everyone to flip when they spend money into something that was advertised so much but have minimal support behind their own IP's. Of course the poor use of the licenses they own really put off people. I can go on and on from experience. Yes, the online passes thing really made people come out and bad mouth them. Their stock was plummeting so they didn't want to deal with that.

Worst company ever? No...Worst in the game industry? That's not an exaggeration. It goes far beyond just if the game is fun or not. Their way of business is sketchy. Almost everyday they have a report filled with excuses within their company. You can type their name into EA and see the problems.

7. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    And that's not even tackling how EA treats their workers. Look up stories about the playtesters who have worked for EA. They are forced to work 90-100 hour crunch weeks without breaks or overtime. Imagine being stuck in a hot room for 100 of your waking hours during the work week, running a virtual avatar into a wall endlessly to make sure you don't clip all the way through that wall. It's a nightmarish mess.

8. Trent

TrentMember

Threads:
    I think they rules in the 90's but then went downhill from there. I liked most EA games on the genesis and snes.

9. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    EA has become too big and greedy for its own good. Their recent and current practices on game and payment models are terrible and do nothing but drive customers away.
    The worst cases recently have been Sim City and Dungeon Keeper, both are games that could have been great if it wasn't for EA's decisions.
    I don't know if it's the worst company ever, since there are more serious issues than videogames, like the BP oil spill or banking companies ruining countries' economies. But as for videogames, then yeah, they are as bad as it gets.

10. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    I think EA will have to something different with sporting games to attract more and more players so that they will have more gamers to play their games!!:)