Is first impression really the last impression?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Adryan • Mar 26, 2014.

1. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    Just want to know your thoughts on this statement. Honestly i don't believe its true you can't judge anyone just by meeting them once, so why is it so commonly used?:confused:

#1Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more, a single meeting can't justify anyone's personality. However, there are certain circumstances that you need to depend on your first impression to judge a person, like interviewing for a job. I guess it is so commonly used
    because people need to remind themselves all the time to always show their best face forward.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree but some people do this for real , Now me personally think that it depends on the type of person you meet if they are loud and bold when you meet them. Nine times out of ten they will be. It just depends on the person.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think the more accurate saying is "The first impression is the most important." which turns out to be true. Sometimes it IS the last impression because if your first impression is bad, you're unlikely to try again at all. And sometimes, the first impression has a lasting effect, even if future encounters aren't as bad.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that my first impression has never betrayed me. I like to look at a situation from all angles and take my time before making a decision, but whenever I acted against my first impulse or instinct, things didn't turn out very well. When it comes to people, I don't judge a book by its cover or impressive words, for me it is all about the "right" energy.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I think the first impression is only applicable and valid when you did not have a chance to see that person long enough to be able to get to know them on a more personal level, then your only memory of that person is when you first met or interacted with him. Your impression is bound to change or not depending on his personality if it differs from what your first impression is of that person.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's pretty much the same as trusting your instincts. If your gut feel says something isn't right then your mind may treat that bad first impression as a warning.

Yeah, first impressions may not be entirely accurate in reading a person's character but in time as you get to know the person better, you'll get to know that they have some good in them but what you got first eclipses everything else.