Is HP guilty of poor quality hardware?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Esperahol • May 14, 2012.

1. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    You make a good point here, but I would say it's unfair to say that it is mainly down to how people manage their hardware that's the issue. I have always taken care of my PCs and only my HP laptop ever broke...

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So I am going to assume you own stock in HP or you founded the company or you are just a really fantastically immature fanboy/girl... I'm not bashing this company, however they have a lot of issues and that is why I started this thread. If you dislike the topic and feel like you need to be Captain Save-a-joke then you can go ahead and make an opposing thread. Really this thread seems to be stressing you out or something. Let it go, honey.

3. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    The main reason I haven't bought any piece of HP hardware is because I had two roommates that owned HP laptops. Both of them were lucky if they did not have a problem with their laptops for a period longer than two weeks.
    Screen issues, speaker issues, overheating issues ... and so on.
    So I don't know if I could rule them guilty of poor quality hardware in general, but I can definitely find them guilty for me never considering to buy any HP product after witnessing what my roommates had to go through every two weeks or so.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case, our HP Pavilion PC has lasted for 4 years already, and not a single part has been replaced. So I think that it maybe depends on the user of the item if they take proper care of it, or the stock of HP computer that we bought was a good one.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use to have an HP laptop and it worked very well i had it for three years i loved it i got a newer laptop and gave the HP to my sister and it's still going strong and running good.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a HP Pavilion PC. I had problems with my Pavilion right out of the box. I think HP computers can be a hit or miss. I glad yours is still working.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh sorry to hear, maybe the US stock would be the ones more likely to be defective? I live in Asia, so maybe the HP company here in Asia makes better products than their US counterpart?