Is it advisable to buy flowers online?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by vida_llevares • Nov 4, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried buying flowers online?

Is it advisable?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't tried buying flowers online. I am assuming that you are talking about live flowers. The main reason is that there are no suppliers nearby where I live who sell online. If it takes a couple of days to deliver, then I am afraid the flowers wouldn't be very fresh when they arrive.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    why not. If the flower can be delivered before it will be wilted then I think it will just be fine. Its someouwhat like ordering a pizza and its better while the food is still hot. It might not be good if you are 4 hours away though.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought them. We didn't have any problems, but in our case the online source just sent the order to a local shop to be filled. We could have saved some money and just ordered it there ourselves. It might work better if you have a coupon.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Twice, my brother sent my mother flowers that had been purchased online. On both occasions, some of the flowers were wilting and just weren't that "pretty". It could have just been that particular company, but I don't think I would purchase flowers online.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It just depends on the prices really. I have gotten them from online before and the flowers are gorgeous. If the delivery cost is pretty high, though, then it may be cheaper to buy locally instead.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I have boughten flowers online before and had great success with it. I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my mom last year for Mother's Day. She said that they were some of the best flowers that she had ever gotten. She said that they were very fresh and smelled great. I would definitely advise buying flowers online because most of the sites you can buy them for are guaranteed or your money back.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought flowers from FTD and 1-800-Flowers and never had a problem with them. The recipient was always happy. The thing that gets me is the $15 delivery fee. It just hurts my heart, but when in in a time crunch, it's worth it.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I often use

to send flowers from Spain to female relatives in the UK. They always send me pictures of the flowers, and they are beautiful. I must have sent 20 or more bouquets, and there has never been a problem. Once, I sent some flowers to a relative in hospital, and because flowers were not allowed on the stroke ward, they refunded my money. I call that great service.

You can order from anywhere in the world, but they only deliver to the UK.

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about buying bunches of flowers or flowers to plant? I have bought both and have found both to be very good. The only downside about ordering bunches of flowers for someone is that you have to ask the person they are for if they have received them, I would have liked an email to let me know they were delivered, especially as they were surprises. :)

11. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    We use M&S and Inteflora Flowers on sending flowers to our friends and relatives whether its funeral or a get well soon flowers. There are loads of set and type of flowers to chose from for a reasonable price.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have never ordered Flowers online and it seems like it would be very convenient. I think I would order flowers online if it was my last open and I could not find a florist close by to where I wanted my Flowers delivered. I am glad to hear so many positive reviews about ordering Flowers online, but I would be scared that the picture of the Flowers would come out totally different than the ones delivered. If I order something I like to check the quality of it before I give it to someone else. If I would not like the quality of something, I would not give it to someone else.

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually order flowers online as it saves the hassle of delivering it to someone especially when they live too far from where i am. My family live overseas and I usually order flowers for my mum/aunt/grandma/sisters when there is an occassion, and it's very helpful that there are flowers I can order online and deliver it to them. These online flower shops do make it sure that flowers are delivered fresh and in good package or condition.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes i ordered flowers for my husbands grandmother she lives in VA and i'm in OK and i order them from online and they delivered her flowers straight to her door the same day and it didn't cost that much either.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This is something I always wanted to do buy I never found any reliable sites that people recommended. I there are any sites that you would recommend to me, then I am all ears and would love to search them. It's a great concept and I would love to take advantage of it rather than going outside to search for fresh flowers every time.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I recently saw a post on Reddit of a guy who bought roses for his girlfriend online for Valentine's Day, and they turned out to be completely different from the photo, just looked plain awful.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have before and it's pretty hit or miss. I've had great experiences and awful ones...and for the price you don't want to wonder, you know?

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered flowers online twice; once as a romantic gesture and once as a birthday present for someone. Both times I was completely satisfied with the results so I would say, sure it's advisable to buy flowers online. Just be sure you use a well-known, established company.

19. Juana Jennifer

Juana JenniferNew Member

Threads:
    I have bought flowers from floralmachine.com and never had a problem with them. The recipient was always happy.

20. Grehamthorp

GrehamthorpBanned

Threads:
    Recently, i haven't buy any kind of flowers from online but it doesn't mean that buying flower from Internet is not safe. If we could buy important things like electronic and accessories, then why not flowers?

#20Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013