Is It Good Idea To Buy Tredamill At Home?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by naruto100 • Feb 17, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Personally I do walking but I am not regular on it. Even my mom and dad wants to go for walking but some how all feels lazy for going out for walk. Going out is not that easy with all traffic. We can wake up early to avoid traffic but waking up early everyday is quite hard for me. So I am thinking to purchase tread mill for home so that everyone can give time for walk.

Do you think it is worthy to buy one? What you guys say?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad you posed this question. While walking outside is of course free compared to the treadmill cost plus the electricity that it is going to consume it is nevertheless worth investing into.

It might be a bummer during power cut outs but other times it is a very handy tool. It is a great motivation and the best is it can improve your cardio (it monitors the heart rates) and gradually allows you to build up your agility.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes we can move more freely out side, but as I said it is not easy for me to wakeup early in the morning daily. Lol..

Yes it can be handy tool in many ways. You said about electricity, in that case do you think Manual treadmill can be good too in compare to those electric tread mills. I don't have experience of any of them, so it might be good if any experienced person share the experience here.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A treadmill is expensive here that's why we were kind of surprised when my wife's brother bought one. He was diagnosed to be diabetic and the treadmill will provide his exercise. It was worth the cost because the treadmill is used by everyone in their house. The brother's wife got a good exercise and lost her excess weight while the brother got a clean bill of health in his most recent checkup.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not aware of a manual treadmill. I have an electric one. Since I do two sets of 10-15 minutes each day it doesn't cost me much.

A traditional stationary bicycle would be cheaper in comparison and no added electricity cost, however, you may not get desired results if your target is general weight loss.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    For my walking exercise, I do it early in the morning or late in the evening just around our public plaza. It is good for I could see several people doing the brisk walking. In this case, I don't need a treadmill. To say plainly, treadmill as pointed out here is too expensive. I would suggest it would be better to do some walking around your house vicinity or community rather than buying a treadmill.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer walking outside to using a treadmill for exercise. My neighbor has bought a treadmill around 5-6 months back and at first she was very keen to do the walking on it. But gradually she got bored of using it and now again came back to usual walking. There is nothing like an early morning walk which can fill our lungs with pure oxygen.

Moreover, as already said above a treadmill may cost you in terms of electricity, its maintenance and space it occupy. As @

has rightly pointed out walking is a refreshing activity and also rejuvenate our mind as we meet several people which is off course relaxing. But one drawback is that I have seen people doing only casual walking with friends and family members which is not really effective if you seriously want to burn fat.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes it is expensive, but I think it can be worthy. Honestly here gyms are quite costly. I can buy trade mill in exchange of one year Gym fees. So if I compare it that way I think trade mills are good choice as you mentioned all members at home can take advantage.

Manual means we need to step manually to rotate the strip of trade mill. In electric one it rotates via motor I guess. I wonder if they is difference in benefit.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Manual means we need to step manually to rotate the strip of trade mill. In electric one it rotates via motor I guess. I wonder if they is difference in benefit.[/QUOTE]

In that case, manual gives you better exercise I believe. However, it may be a bit difficult for the elderly. You may want to check out the differences online before making a decision. Gym is definitely more costly, needs motivation and regular visits. One might not be able to be flexible with timings as in home exercise.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes elder person might face difficult like that way. I am not sure either. You are right, better I do checkout all things before going for one. I guess I need to experience it by my self so that I can make sure my dad and mom can use it too.

Yes gyms here are quite costly that's why I am avoiding them too.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought that there is no real substitute for walking and I have been doing this activity for a long time. Besides when we have free access to treadmill near our residence then it makes the idea of buying even useless. Incidentally there are number of such facilities available in my area both indoors and open air in the ground almost in front of my current residence. I will post a photograph of the same tomorrow.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    In that case it might be useless for you. But what you suggest me?

Here we don't having any good and suitable area for walking. Walking on normal roads is risky and uncomfortable due to heavy traffic. It is possible if only we go for it in early morning. And that's my weakness. Lol.

Also gyms are quite costly here. And we have more users too for walking, like my mom and dad. So do you think it can be wise purchase? or I should avoid it.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Look here as promised I have posted the photo which I took in the morning while out for morning walk. I hope that will give you a fair idea of benefit of walking and having public facilities for keeping fit as well saving money on these items.

IMG_20170222_084339_HDR.IMG_20170222_084413_HDR.
    This park is just in front of my residence where I am right now.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Amazing. If you can share the name of place then please do it. I love the place. If I found such place near my home then I will never buy anything like trade mill and other exercising stuff. This is surely better place to workout instead inside the home or gyms. I wish I can have such place around too. You are surely lucky.

#14Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Sure, it is one of my most favorite places in New South Wales called Penrith. You can see New Cricket ground in the background and walking path. There are number of exercising equipment round the park and also small parks having different facilities for children and adults. Yes, you need not buy any equipment for personal use if you live in a place like this.

#15Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Go for an elliptical or a stair climber over a treadmill. Elliptical puts less pressure on your knees and it burns more calories than a treadmill. A treadmill will hurt your feet and your knees but an elliptical will put less weight and stress on them. An elliptical also felt more fun because it felt like you are flying. The picture posted above is an elliptical. If you wanted to lose a lot of weight but wanted less stress on your joints buy an elliptical instead. Your reflexes are going to thank you.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 That's wonderful. If one can have that much facilities in public parks then no need to attend those gyms for sure. I would love to spend time here for workout instead of any gyms or home workout. I hope we can have something like this too in our country. We are having good parks in big cities too, but surely they are not everywhere or near by.

#17Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  18. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    If there's no space crunch at home, it is a good idea to invest in a treadmill. We feel lethargic at times to go out and walk. If the instrument is at home then one will not skip his/her regular regime. However, there'll be some cost involved, but this much, I guess, would be affordable keeping health in mind.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes cost is not that big one if we compare the costing with gyms. I mean with trademill everyone can use it while for gyms it costs fees individually. So if we think like that then trademill can be good choice if there are more users. About house space, I guess we are having enough space to have it. I am just confused either I should go for electric one or the normal manual one.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I could see for a lot of people a treadmill would be great-like places in the wintertime when you are snowed in deep and also for older people who do not want to break their necks(so to speak)on the ice-as well as others that find it easier to exercise inside. I would make sure you really plan to use it though-but yes it could be a good idea-but look for a good one on sale I would recommend.