Is It Possible To Protect My Purchases?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Jasmin Cottontail • Nov 14, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been buying stuffs online for quite a while now but most of them are cellphone accessories and nothing big. So I was wondering if there are any chances if a buyer can protect the item he/she purchases like if someone is buying smartphones or any electronic devices, how can they protect their purchase like prevent it from being delivered damaged or the like.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not aware of anything like that, but I bet that there is something out there. I guess it would be some kind of delivery insurance or something like that, but again I am not sure. It sounds like it is something other people have dealt with too, so you never know. Best of luck to you, though.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I understand that online purchases are covered by a warranty or an insurance to cover any damage of the sold items. Even the money processor itself like PayPal would refund your money paid in case the seller failed to deliver the right product. PayPal would go after to the seller for that matter.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I 'm also thinking if it's some kind of insurance that I have to apply together with the purchased item, or if this will be covered by the seller or the courier. But still I'm not sure. I hope I can find answers since I'm planning to purchase some electronic stuffs online. Thanks anyway! :D

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of varied stuff online through the years, including electronics, and to prevent thieves from stealing it, (which happens quite often in our local customs office, several of my items has been stolen) you must ensure that it has a tracking number. Most sellers provide them if you purchase a cellphone or even a cheap product when you buy on Ebay. It depends on the seller. Then ask them to double box it so that the item won't break or get dented by being crushed in transit. But if you plan to purchase locally, the items arrive the next day or two once shipped, so no need to worry about damages.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I had posted in another thread, one good thing with my favorite online store is their facility for COD – cash on delivery. I always avail that scheme of payment in my purchases because it is easy to refuse the delivery if the product is defective. What I usually do is open the box and check the contents before paying although sometimes the delivery guy wouldn’t allow it. So it takes a little diplomacy and tact to make sure the product is intact and good before I pay.

7. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    AS far as I know, only ebay guarantees you protection. It can not only make the seller compensate the loss, exchange the product but also refund fully. I have not found any other online shop as reliable as ebay.
    If you are purchasing from local store, try to pay through cash on deliver. This option will prevent you from getting loss because of damages to your product.