Is It Possible To Share Streaming Accounts?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Dec 24, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean with friends who may not be living with you. Can you give them a password and they can watch movies, TV shows, etc when you are not using the service? I plan to switch to watching movies online in the coming year but I'd like to share the cost of it all with someone else who happens to be online at times when I'm busy working outdoors.

Question:

Is it legal and can it work?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that it's legal on paper since your account is for personal use only. Still, if both of you reside in fairly close locations in the US I don't think there is any way for streaming services to know whether it is the same person accessing the account or different people doing so. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While it's not legal, it's possible. I had a subscription and it allows multiple devices, so when I was house sitting I installed it on my friend's xbox and gave her my password so she could use it and choose fllms when were together I then stayed with another friend for a month and installed it on her Roku as i was there using it too. The idea is not so much to share with other people your account, but to say you are using it to share with friends on multiple devices. For example if you are a student, then you can use the subscription when you are home with your parents and in your dorm, so it's feasible to have it in more than one location.