Is It Really A Free Sample

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Deeishere • Jun 9, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I was looking at a sample product that is a free packet of survival food. The site says it's free but the postage is $3.95. Do you look at this as a really free product? I understand some companies may not be able to afford to ship. On the other hand, there are many companies that will send a product sample at no cost. Do you get free items with a shipping fee?

2. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't bother unless it is an expensive product you really want to try. I find that a lot of the things that come in free samples are worth it, but if you have to pay for shipping for something you could buy for the same price, then it definitely isn't worth it. I've never tried/bought anything like survival food, so I don't know how much a normal size would cost, but I'd suggest considering how badly you want it before paying for shipping.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Often, the free samples are very small, and in a lightweight paper/cardboard or plastic sleeve or pouch, so they're negligible for companies to ship, particularly because they can get a break on postage because they ship in volume. I will occasionally pay shipping for a free item if I really want it, and if the size is enough that I will get many uses out of the product. If it's a single use item, it's doubtful that I would bother. Often times I'm not sure sure I will like the item, which is why I'm unwilling to buy a full sized version.