Is it worth going out to a restaurant anymore?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by andrew320 • Jun 3, 2012.

1. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't particularly like eating out. Mainly because most of the time, I'm out on my own and the experience isn't the same for me as it would be if I had a group of friends with me. So I generally eat at home or find somewhere cheap to grab a quick bite at. One time, I found this coffee shop in Little Tokyo, and they charged me 5 bucks for a very small amount of coffee that didn't even taste very good! So I generally dislike eating out unless the food itself is cheap or I really like it there. Even if I can't find a cheap dinner to eat, I'll buy a bottle of water or something for a dollar and use that to satisfy my stomach until I get home.

2. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I'm not much of a cook but I love it when my husband cooks for me. But, you know, once in a while, we do enjoy being able to go out and have lunch or dinner at our favorite restaurants. We have favorites that are way too expensive to go to on ordinary days (we reserve it for anniversaries or birthdays), but when we do go there, it's worth it. For the rest of the days, we opt for the more economical yet satisfying choice.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    If fastfoods are considered restaurants then I say that I love going fast foods when I'm living alone. I', not a good cook because I don;t know how to buy ingredients that wont hurt my pocket so I'll just go to a fastfood instead or order a delivery.

4. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    My partner and I enjoy dining out when we are able to do so. There are plenty of restaurants in our town that we have not tried, so once or twice a month, we would try one or two of the restaurants. However, we would always end up at the same tavern because we enjoy their food very much. In addition, the drinks (as well as the food) are very affordable compared to other places in our area. Without a car these days, we hardly eat out unless it's the weekend where we would take a taxi out to town. We enjoy cooking at home, too, so even if we don't get to go out, we're not really missing a lot.

One thing my partner noticed is that he has lost a lot of weight by not going out to eat :D He doesn't drink beer at home, so that helps, apparently.

5. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely go out to eat anymore. I have found the savings I get by staying home to be huge! However, the time factor can be consuming if the meals are well laid out, but if planned properly it can be a good thing.