Is Kindle Worth the Money?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by tulosai • Jun 26, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not when compared to the Google Nexus tablet which offers a whole lot more for the same price. I'm surprised the Kindle hasn't yet dropped in price in response to this.

2. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    This is great advice! I would definitely advise getting the regular Kindle over the Kindle Fire. So many devices are WiFi-connected that your e-reader can be spared the distraction. The crux of the matter is whether you enjoy holding and smelling a book when you read it- this is something I definitely value when reading, but I could see myself eventually getting a Kindle because it really is easier on the eyes that I had expected. Buying a Kindle is without a doubt worth it economically in the long run though!

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have not purchased one myself but was thinking of getting one for my husband. I think this is all great feedback! I know he likes reading but lately he's been glued to the tv a little more often than not so Im not too sure in continuing with the purchase. We have a little one coming in less than a month and we will probably not have time for anything. I should've gotten in when I wanted to :(

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    The Kindle is a great item to have because it cuts down on buying a bunch of books. That can cause clutter in your home, so the Kindle is the perfect way to avoid messy books. If you just want to read and you don't care about other features, then the Kindle would be a good choice for you. I would get the Kindle fire because it's in color and the grey and black of the normal Kindle hurts my eyes.