Is Mac Overpriced?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • May 14, 2015.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried the MAC make-up line ever. I tried NYX, Lancome, and others, but I really want to try MAC. Anyway, a new store opened in the mall near my place. I was surprised because MAC's products are so expensive. Are they really worth it? Or are they overpriced?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they are worth it because the quality of their products are just unmatched by any other lower priced brand. Not that lesser priced brands are terrible, but there is a noticeable difference in the quality, definitely, albeit subtle sometimes. You should just try out one or two items and see for yourself if the small difference is worth the big price difference to you.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It might depend on what you buy. I find the face products, especially concealer, worth the prices. And while I do love the lipsticks, there are cheaper alternatives that look and feel the same - but you do miss out on the scent and the luxurious packaging that adds to the experience, so that’s a factor. I agree that trying out a couple of things that appeal to you would be a good way to go, so you can compare them to what you’re already using and decide what you prefer.

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I agree with LeopardJones. It depends on the product, some are actually worth your money while some may be a little too overpriced. I guess in terms of beauty products, you have to choose the ones that appeal most to your skin. Even though MAC's one of the most expensive makeup brands, that doesn't really mean it's the best for you. But I could really say MAC products are undoubtedly high-quality.

5. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on exactly what you are getting. I have used mac a few times, and I think that their lipsticks have a very high pigment. The lipsticks from mac are really smooth as well so you are getting what you pay for. I think it is worth the price if you really want a high quality product. I do like to use cheaper alternatives because I think it is ridiculous to spend a great amount of money on makeup all the time.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The stuff is great quality so it's really just a matter of going to the store and trying it out for yourself - it is expensive and you don't want to make a costly mistake.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion the Mac is both overrated and overpriced. But then again, I am saying that from the point of view of someone who has only ever really used a Mac computer once or twice. It was really complicated and difficult for me to use, so maybe that is why I am of the opinion that I am of. I find that all of Apple's products tend to be over priced though.

8. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I too have not tried any of the MAC products people have been raving about simply because I don't have the money for it but if I did, I would buy products from them in an instant. I've heard a lot of good things about MAC despite their prices and a lot say it's worth it and that you'll never get to see how amazing the brand is without even trying it. So maybe we can splurge on a MAC product or two just to compare with the other products we've tried. We'll never know, it might be the most wonderful thing we ever bought!

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The OP is discussing MAC the make-up!

I like MAC but now I tend to only use it for concealers or foundations as the colors can get expensive to buy. I don't think the lipsticks are expensive, about average, but are excellent quality and the color does stay true. I don't think they are over priced for what they are, but it is an average price. There are other brands that are overpriced with their packaging, but MAC isn't one of them. Plus they always give discounts to models, actors and photographers just by showing your card.