Is Netflix Really Worth It?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by FenWoFon • Apr 17, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    The tittle says it all, Is netflix really worth my money? because I have used some applications where you can watch a lot of movies and series with HD - 3D quality and you dont have to pay a cent for it, what do you think?
    By the way the APP I use is named Popcorntime, you can actually use it on PC, Android and IOS, try it, it is such an amazing APP.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Personally feel Netflix is worth it because I like the full picture and the comfort of being at home. Not worrying about making sure my battery is not going to die on me or using up data to watch a favorite show. I think that apps for phones can be very distracting as well as potentially dangerous to the user. That's just my opinion though.

The cost of Netflix isn't much but in comparison to free it is a no brainer but it's still worth it to me.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me if I sound like a moralist. I always go for licensed thing because I am against piracy. With Netflix, my husband said that it is the direction where the movie industry is going. It is noticeable that only few movies could get a theater full of audience. Unlike before when good movies or bad movies cause a long line in the ticket booth, now it is very rare to see a queue. The reason is the piracy and now... Netflix. But in fairness to Netflix, movie producers are paid from its earnings so it's a good alternative to the theaters.

PS. A movie ticket in the theaters here now costs 240 pesos, that' about $5. In a country like the Philippines, that amount is exorbitant.

4. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I should also tell you that the app your using is illegal. Technically, it's pirating... I doubt you'll get into any trouble but it is illegal.

But, yes... Netflix is worth it. It's a lot cheaper than cable and you can bingr what nearly any TV show. Plus, they have their own TV shows now too... Some are really popular, Orange Is The New Black and House Of Cards are both Netflix original series.

5. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Wow, I never thought that it could be illegal in any way, thank you for informing me of such thing, I was actually thinking about purchasing a NEtFlix membership now you tell me it is way better, thank you!

6. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but it's not the FBI is going to be busting down your door or anything. So, don't worry about getting in trouble for using it. A Netflix membership is only $8 a month for one screen, if you want to watch it on more screens it costs a little more.

7. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I still think Netflix offers an amazing service for the price. If you think about how we all rented movies 5-20 years ago, sometimes up to $6 per movie at a video rental store, it is really an incredible deal and SO convenient. Even considering the alternative of pirating illegally, Netflix wins hands down for quick and easy entertainment that doesn't require much searching around.

Also, I really love their original series (Orange is the New Black yessssss) and I feel they are well worth supporting for these.

8. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    With Netflix or the new Amazon Prime video only service sometimes I find it's best to just binge watch for a month or two, take a break for a few months, then re-subscribe again, and repeat. It's a great service overall, but chipping away at your wallet every month probably isn't worth it, especially since you'll get through most of your favourite shows in about a month. The bright side of re-subscribing later is that the chances are they've added a couple more movies/tv shows to their library for you to explore -- it all feels fresh again.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's very worth it, not only it gives you unlimited access to movies/tv shows, your conscience is clear because you're not supporting piracy. So yes, i'm definitely pro netflix. I've heard of that app you mentioned but i've never tried that. I read some awful reviews in the appstore so i didn't go through with downloading it.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently re-subscribed to Netflix. I had it for years, and watched it quite a bit, but then got busy watching cable television until the prices kept climbing. I'm still weighing my options, but I've already watched a couple of movies and television show episodes, so Netflix has already paid for itself.