Is Next Day Shipping Worth It?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Adeal4u • May 16, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, no. It's not going to kill me to wait a couple days for something I ordered. If I need a product that fast, I'll just go to the store and buy it on the spot.

2. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I always just plan out what I need beforehand. There has never been anything I needed that quickly. The only time I got it was when it was the only option on Ebay. I always pick the cheapest option since I can wait for most things if it is saving me money!

3. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    No, there are very few items that I would actually NEED the next day. Unless it is an emergency, I always go with standard shipping. With big orders, shipping is also usually free!

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Normally it isn't worth it unless you absolutely have to have it that quickly or you just want to throw money away. If you have an amazon prime account though you get free two-day shipping and $2.99 overnight shipping. I use that a lot and think that it is well worth it.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Does that count with a laptop thought? That's a heavy item and I'm not sure that the prime account will cover it. I will find out if it does because I would rather pay the 2.99 fee, than pay all that money for shipping.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you bought and what you bought it for. If I just bought the textbooks for my classes and there is a test on friday then yeah I'll chip out the extra although I have never been charged for more than 7 dollars extra for anything I ordered online.

7. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I always use the FREE or cheapest shipping avalible. I don't want to spend money on shipping, and lessen my costs.

8. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I almost never use fast shipping options. It just doesn't make sense to me to pay that much extra just for a shorter wait. Is time really that precious? I don't mind the wait but there are situations I've been thankful for the option. Like when I really need a holiday gift after learning someone else got the same thing as me!

9. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it depends what it is but typically I wait. I find that *most* of the time, the item arrives faster than the option I chose anyway.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm always so thankful for that. It's actually kind of disappointing when I have to wait the full time because I get so used to it arriving sooner. They have to give a higher expected date so that people don't flip out or throw fits when it doesn't arrive sooner.

11. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Never. Usually UPS/USPS delivers in 3 days of time for me for either no cost or just standard small fee. Then there's like a $50 jump for the next-day shipping service.

12. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Well, since this forum is dontpayfull and I come here all the time, it's not surprising that I ONLY pick the free S&H if at all possible! I am always planning ahead and if I need something by a certain date, then I'll make sure I order it on time. Actually, it kills me to pay ANY shipping & handling, but sometimes you just have to.

13. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Lol good point there :p Anyways I feel the same way especially when buying things like computers. You can get so much boost in performance if you put that extra money for shipping into a better part.

14. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    The site I usually do my shopping from, offers standard free shipping at 4-7 days and fast shipping at 2-5 so I really don't think its worth it as if I get the best deal from standard shipping I usually get my products better than the other. However, I would advise a better shipping than that when we are talking about laptops and these kinds of things as They may be thrown around a lot. If you order next day delivery, you know that they will just pack it and bring it to you

15. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    We don't !... It is too rare for us to really need it the next day, it is expensive and the cheapest shipping fees are usually a lot faster than what they guarantee (we got few of them next day)

16. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I never think that Next Day Shipping is worth it, it always seem to cost a fortune, and in my eyes isn't needed. I would rather go with the free shipping, or most inexpensive shipping option. I would rather wait, and keep some money, then spend more, and have it sooner.

17. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I'm a bone head for paying for next day shipping. :D I learned a lot for this thread it taught me to be patient and I will save some money. Sometimes I want everything in a hurry, and I don't bother waiting. It wouldn't hurt to get a laptop in a couple of days, but I work online and I need a computer. I would be losing money for waiting all that time. I could probably get away with using my cellphone if I had to, so I guess next time I won't make that mistake.

18. johan121

johan121Banned

Threads:
    I chatted with a rep earlier today about an order I placed for overnight shipping last night. Now I know it says 1-2 business days for process but ...................

19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on what the item is and how badly you need or want to get it as soon as possible. Not all items can be bought at the store on the spot, and not everyone has the time to go to a store and shop. If it's something you need urgently, and the added shipping cost doesn't exceed the price of the item, then it is often worth the convenience.

20. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I don't think it's worth it unless it's something that you absolutely NEED. Even if you need it, it's still not worth it unless you literally need it for that day. Now if it was only a buck or two more, I'd understand because being impatient or eager for a product you're getting is definitely normal.