Is Next Day Shipping Worth It?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Adeal4u • May 16, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I have to pay for shipping for international orders, it usually arrives in 2 weeks or less, and the shipping fee is reasonable too, it's only $10 at the most. But if I order the items locally, whether the shipping is free or not, the items still arrive within 7 days or less, so it doesn't make any difference to me. And it's also up to the seller if he wants to offer free shipping or not.

2. romanesc

romanescNew Member

Threads:
    I would never use next day shipping unless it is an emergency. It can cost almost as much as the item sometimes, if not more. In case of expensive items like electronics, it still adds up to a chunk of money.

I typically almost always use standard shipping however this changes according to the value of the item. Certainly more expensive items are worth paying more when it comes to delivery. Standard shipping unfortunately most often does not provide for adequate tracking of the item, so in this case 2-3 day shipping is ideal.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get the fuss with next day shipping. If it's something urgent sure go for it but otherwise it's just a waste of money. Even normal shipping doesn't take more than 3-4 days, so there's no point really.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Seeing how i am used to wait one week for the things i order, i don't thing that paying more for waiting a bit less would be a good deal for me, but if you are really that impatient, then go ahead.

5. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    i usually either use amazon prime or shoprunner 2 day

Shipping is fast which negates the downside of shopping online, which is having to wait for it.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only reason I see next day shipping as a option is if I need a item in a hurry. Though, if you really need that item then you can simple run to the store. Then there is the fact that it actually isn't next day shipping because you receive the order two days later. You order the item today, it ships tomorrow, and arrives at your house.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Unless it's a real emergency, I don't see the point to pay next-day shipping or any other fast shipping delivery service.

If free delivery is offered it's fine, otherwise I can wait.

But being honest, if I need something so urgent to pay $35 to $50 for deliver, I better go straight to a local store to get it even faster and saving much more money.

8. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I think there are times when its worth it like if you are doing some last minute X-mas shopping and can only find the gift someone really wants online or if you are ordering something and want it to come on a certain date when you know you will be home. Again, some things are only found online.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's worth. If I'm needing something quickly, I try to find it Prime Eligible on Amazon so I can get it in 2 days for free....or just get somewhere local. They want to charge an arm & a leg to get things 'overnight' that you don't always get that fast anyway, it's ridiculous.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't think that next day shipping is worth it because from my experience all my items never arrive at the mark. Its always a delay. I strictly stick to the regular shipping time and just sometimes I get it sooner that its expected. I feel that paying the extract is not worth it you just be loosing money that you cant get back if the item does not arrive on the assigned date.

11. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    Unless you absolutely need something the very next day, I don't think it is worth it. I would much rather wait the extra couple days or 1-2 weeks than have to pay more just to get the item faster. The only situation I had to use next day shipping was when I needed a Christmas gift and I was to lazy to get it sooner. In other words, I procrastinated!

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what items I really need. In fact, for mobile devices and accessories, I would do the Next Shipping method because I really need to have the mobile phone soon. I have the tendency that when I order something online, I often can't find it at the store, which I would most likely need it the next day. I don't mind paying the shipping cost because that's what I prefer when I order items such as mobile phones and accessories.

13. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I never, ever pay for faster shipping. I always buy the things I need ahead of time, before I know that I will need them. Paying for 1 day shipping is not really worth it to me. I am a patient person. I can wait 3-5 days. 3-5 days is not long to wait for something that I don't need right away.

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the item right?

If it is a game for my console then normally I will get next day delivery. If it's a present for someone then I will also do this so I reduce the chances of anything being screwed up. Apart from these instances, I normally wouldn't bother.

15. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I suppose it can he useful when you need something urgently, but I don't find it practical to pay that much, especially when the shipping cost is like a quarter of what you are paying for the item itself. I actually always go with free shipping when buying on Chinese websites, and even on eBay at times. Takes like 3 weeks but I don't mind waiting :p