Is Online Shopping Good For Bulk Orders?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by kenzhoui25 • Dec 2, 2016.

1. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    Christmas is near and I have to buy gifts for my relatives especially for my little cousins. Because I have work, I seldom can't go to the mall and have the luxury to choose from all the items in the department store. As I want to order a lot of items as gifts, is online shopping good for bulk orders? I haven't tried buying bulk online before. How long do you think will bulk orders be shipped? Is it the same with single purchase?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think there is no issue if you are shopping from a trusted partner, but are we allowed to do that? In all items I have seen there is a ceiling on number of items we can purchase through a single transaction. However, I am not sure if it is applicable for all the products and in all shopping sites. It exists in Amazon and I have seen it.

If we decide to make separate transactions for each product, the shipping charges could be huge. I think otherwise online bulk purchase is good and we can also bargain for a good deal.

3. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    I have yet to check it on all online stores in the Philippines. I believe it is the same with Amazon that there is a ceiling for some items because they may have limited stocks. For all we know, online stores don't get as much stocks as those from the department stores. For the first time, I'll try to buy bulk orders through the local online stores here. Thank you.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    As long as they offer free shipping then you've got nothing to lose. But if you order abroad, then prepare to get your items taxed highly by customs. They charge tax nowadays for an item as low as $5 when it's under the category of electronics or gadgets. So if you plan to shop in bulk then just do so locally in Lazada, just choose COD to avoid being scammed, since I heard that site is a bit shady, although it has good reviews as well.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me but I am not really against online shopping. When buying in bulk, I would prefer to personally buy in stores. In fact, we are going to the supermarket today for our Christmas supplies which means we have to buy in bulk the foodstuff that we stock in the cupboard like rice, noodles, soda and juice, etc. If we order that online, what happens when there is a defective item? That's what I'm afraid of with online shopping, the returns and exchanges that is probable to happen.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I often buy online even if I have to pay something extra or compromise with the quality in some case. In fact, I earn a huge amount from survey sites in form of gift vouchers which I have to spend on these shopping. However, I have no regrets buying from online sites rather I am getting used to check them often and buy from them for other purposes too.

7. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought in bulk through online shopping. However, I believe you can get best deal if you purchase on bulk. Like in offline shopping, you can get heavy discounts when you buy in bulk at online stores. However, the only problem in spending a large sum on online shopping is whether you get the same products you have purchased.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't really buy online in bulk as I am afraid to compromise on quality.

Since it is bulk we talking about I rather see, touch and feel before I regret the hige loss.

9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have bought in bulk. I had an occasion at home for which it was needed to buy same type of items in a large quantity. There was a good deal going on Amazon. Overcoming my apprehension, I ordered online. The transaction was smooth and the product quality was what it was expected. I'm in favor of buying things online whether it is in bulk or not.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought electronic components in bulk from various Chinese and Korean companies on behalf of my company and the difference in rates is mind blowing. However, I have never done that for personal use so I am not sure if it makes any difference.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the price is good and the items are what you want then there is no reason not to buy in bulk. Often there are more discount available for a higher spend, but the only issue would be if the items were out of stock or damaged, you would still need time to return them or to find alternative items.

As for shipping times, it depends on where you are buying them from!

12. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think that is a good point to keep in mind. If some items turn out to be faulty then that will be a real mess. Firstly we have to wait for a considerable amount of time for a replacement. If we are in an urgency to use it in the required quantity that would be major drawback. But by doing it offline we can select good quality products there itself.

Moreover, in sites like Amazon if you plan to return a product you have to bear the courier charges. So if there are a large number of of faulty items you may have to pay a heavy fee towards courier expenses.

13. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I think there is no issue in the event that you are shopping from a trusted accomplice.

Nonetheless, on the off chance that you purchase items in mass, it is ideal to scan for a site that would have the most minimal transportation costs, as purchasing in mass may bring about an amazingly high sending costs, which may cut your benefits when you offer the items.

14. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    If you have already bought from the seller or the store, there is no problem in buying goods in bulk quantity. These days most of the transactions are done online. Online transaction is easy and fast. However, if you are dealing with the seller or the store for the first time, you have to stay away from buying in bulk as you might receive low quality products.