Is Online shopping safe?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by gkbopticals • Feb 26, 2013.

1. gkbopticals

gkbopticalsNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to know about the culture of online shopping. These days the number of websites offering online services like yebhi.com ,Snapdeal.com,Jabong and many more. What about the security of payment while shopping from these sites.

#1Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have no shopping experience on these sites you mentioned. But for some large reliable websites, i think it's safe to shop online.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that you should research first the background and service of any site that you intend to make a purchase from so that you won't get scammed, that's what I do all the time. And make it a habit to only buy from large stores and companies like Ebay and Amazon, or the website of a large store so that your shopping experience can be safe.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know those websites you mention. But i do a lot of online shopping in sites like ebay, Amazon and some big companies that offer online ordering/shopping. I usually trusts online seller which uses Paypal for payment methods as disputes can easily be solved in Paypal.

5. william22

william22New Member

Threads:
    Yes, online shopping is safe. For they have certain system to protect shopper from online fraud.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use paypal for a lot of my online shopping cause it's safer and i trust it more than putting my card information online so i try to shop at places i know accepts paypal

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know anything about the sites mentioned in the OP. Online shopping is mostly safe, but I shop at trusted sites. I won't buy from a site that is unknown to me unless it has been recommended to me by someone I know.

8. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with Parker. You must know the site before you buy. I feel that you should also adhere to the advice of not using your debit card to purchase online. So many people get scammed by not following simple rules.

9. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In general terms online purchases are secure. Gradually, online commerce is gaining and every day thousands of operations are performed in this way. My experience in this regard has always been satisfactory, even making international purchases. There are always questions regarding shipping, or data from our credit card, but we must make purchases at known sites and with an outstanding record. Using Paypal as payment, for example, offers the possibility of requiring a refund automatically if we have a problem with the seller. We just have to choose wisely the seller's site and follow some simple guidelines:

Offer: never buy anything without having compared prices of the same product on various websites

Final price: you have to be very careful with the final purchase price, no pages to attract users advertise products without taxes and then when the purchase is made, is that the final price was higher than what was announced in the beginning . This information should be very clear from the beginning.

Availability: Make sure you go to buy what is available in stock, if the page does not specify this information is also not a good sign.

Delivery time: it is very important to look at delivery times, especially in small towns, often web pages do not specify this information clear.

Shipping costs: Check how much you will charge for shipping and if there is any chance of collecting the product in any premises of this company.

Privacy Policy: there should be a section that asks you if you authorize the company to send you publicity and commercial information, and you will avoid saturating your email advertising.

10. copper

copperMember

Threads:
    Not 100% safe. But actually kinda same thing be said about your journey that you any be a victim of accident. But many online services confirms security that security.

11. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I think its as safe as shopping outside the home. Think about this for a moment this isn't 100% safe either. But then what is, the thing to remember when shopping online is know the website. Even when you are familiar with the website make a copy of your transaction knowing how much you spent. Compare this to your over all credit statement, and make sure the charges are exactly what you spent. Even websites such as Amazon have had those trying to steal individuals identities. But don't let that sway you from shopping online. As I said above any shopping experience isn't totally safe, you just need to be aware of what you are spending and where you are spending it.

12. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Yes it's safe - as long as you are using a website that starts https and there is a padlock icon beside the URL.

13. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of the websites you mentioned in your post, but so far the online shopping that I've done, which isn't much, on other websites, I consider to be safe and secure. I use a lot of caution about online shopping, and go with the sites I've used before and trust. I guess you just have to do research into the background of the website, and if it looks suspicious or feels malicious to you then don't bother with them.

14. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, online shopping is safe...especially when you buy from established retail outlets. I would be wary if it were just some start-up. I am especially confident buying from an online store if they have an option to pay with PayPal as it is really secure and safe to use.

15. Cathy

CathyNew Member

Threads:
    Yes online shopping is safe only when you get a products from well established reputed retailers.

16. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is a nice payment methods for online shopping, whether local or abroad.:D

17. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Online shopping is now become very safe because many websites are using "SSL certificates" to secure customer transaction.And still you are afraid of online shopping you can opt "cash on delivery".

18. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love shopping online and I've never really had a problem with it. I think its safe if you know the website you're sopping from and you know its legit. There are scams out there but its obvious sometimes.

19. Kuly22

Kuly22New Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot online and I am very pleased

20. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am very satisfied with my purchases from online. I have never heard of these sites before thought. If it doesn't have paypal seal then I will not even bother.