Is Online shopping safe?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by gkbopticals • Feb 26, 2013.

1. alankar

alankarNew Member

Threads:
    At-last someone have raised the question.
    Good question, sir. It's the most serious and critical question being stood up today.
    The answer for it is hard to give over this time. It can't be say in clear manner.
    There are cases happened of tapping the money within a insecure way. It's look to customer it's safe, but it's not in actual.
    Till now, I have just dealt with Samsonite-India online store, Forum Tree & Kitchens of India for online shopping, God Sake, it was safe. If you have dealt with any specific site for online shopping and if the delivery is safe. It's trustworthy, it's sure not fake. So, that you can forward dealing with that site in future with no doubt in mind.

2. Temitopesmith

TemitopesmithBanned

Threads:
    Online shopping is pretty much safe and reliable these days and i shop from online stores most of the time..and the products and the services are pretty much satisfactory. The best part is the price..they are way too low..

3. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I have been shopping online for over a year now and i have faced no issues uptil now whatsoever. I have ordered tshirts, shoes, watch and much more but not a single time i had complaint over service and the quality of the stuff here. You just have to buy from a reliable online store and you will face no issues.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on where you shop because there are lots of nefarious shops online and you need to avoid them. I shop from mainstream shops which I know, I tend to avoid the Chinese outlets because I don't trust them and I have read so many bad reviews. Do thorough research if you don't know the shop, check out the reviews etc.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never heard of them, but if I come across something on a site that I have to have; I first check to see if I can find it anywhere else. If not, I'll look for their reputation via online reviews etc, maybe the BBB. If I can't find proof they're legit, I tend not to buy from them.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I often worry about shopping online, and I will admit that I have been the victim of scams a couple of times due to the fact that I have trusted the wrong type of people. Now, I will usually only shop on the likes of eBay and Amazon, where there is some kind of protection in case something goes wrong.

I will also shop on the online versions of stores that you find on the highstreet, because you know that you're going to be able to trust them. If I go on an internet store, and I have never seen the shop before, then I don't normally feel safe giving them my payment details.

If you were to put your card number and security code into these websites, then they would be able to do anything that they wanted to with them, and they could empty your account of all money. So it really is better to be safe than sorry.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's as safe as you make it out to be. I don't recognize those places, but the usual Amazon, Ebay and what not are the safest you will ever get without being paranoid. Just buy out from those and you should be fine.

8. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've tried it already in ebay.com. But first, you should check the website and feed backs with that website.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped online several times over a number of years without any problems. I find online shopping convenient because it is available twenty-four hours, seven days. There are a lot of ways to make online shopping safer from using a credit card to only buying for well-known, well-established retailers.

10. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Based on my experience, it is safe to shop as long as the online store uses Paypal for transactions, as Paypal manages disputes seriously if something undesirable comes up from the transaction. I do not like to buy online using my credit card except for other instances where I really trust the company and its the only way I need to pay for my bills.

11. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    I don't really think shopping on sites that don't use Paypal payments are safe to shop on because Paypal is very popular now and any business that ants to make profit would try to go with the times in order to make receiving payments accessible.

12. foxcarloans

foxcarloansNew Member

Threads:
    it the shopping site is not too familiar , read more reviews about them.

13. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is safe depending on who you buying from and the payment method. You have to be careful if a website don't accept Paypal payments because this is the most preferred form of payment and any business that is looking to make a profit should use this method.

14. jeanwatson

jeanwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    I have a good experience of online shopping, especially at ebay.in and snapdeal.com. At ebay, I can do online banking (net banking) as well as debit card purchases safely. Every payment has a mobile phone verification method involved, and without feeding the verification method, the payment cannot go through. This is a great step to stop any hacking attempt on my bank account by a third party.

15. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    You should always do background information on a website before offering any payment information. You can easily google the website to ensure that it is trustworthy. There are also websites (such as forums) where people can ask about others' experience with those shopping sites.

16. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of those sites, I would stick with well known reputable sites. I usually buy things on Amazon and have never had a problem. I did buy something on ebay once (a cell phone) and it didn't work right and had to send it back and Paypal was actually pretty professional with helping with that because I couldn't get a hold of the seller myself.

17. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I don’t personally like online shopping. Considering that the only most known online payments are by use of credit or debt cards. Through this way you need to provide your seller with your personal information in order to process the payment which risks you being a victim of theft identity. Counterfeit sellers can steal you personal account details and information and use them to create their own fraud accounts. I as well don’t love the idea of paying for too much for shipping services.

18. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    When I first heard about online I was also concerned about the safety, but I've been buying more and more online since it's so easy.
    As long as the shop you're buying from is well known, I wouldn't worry too much.

19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Not as safe as buying something that is in front of eyes for sure but still safe enough for you to not feel bad when you buy something online. I mean there are far too many scams going for me to be absolutely relaxed when buying something online but then again you can very easily get ripped off in real life as well. You just have to be careful when you spend your money.

20. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    My online shopping experience has always being very awesome and I have never undergone any difficulties. I don't know why most people say it is a scam but i think it is because i have never been duped. However I am always attentive when making my decisions to opt for any site. I always read reviews and customer testimonies to be assured that I am buying from reputable sellers.