Is Paypal the only method I can use?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Brad • Mar 1, 2014.

1. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I've been having limitation issues with Paypal, and I haven't been able to get something I am wanting to get from eBay. I literally can't send money to my other account, I can't do anything, my money is stuck.

I'm looking for other Paypal alternatives which Ebay accept, does anyone know any?

2. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I normally just use my Debit card, but I've heard of many other Paypal alternatives .

This is from Paypal's Accepted Payments Policy
    "PayPal
    ProPay
    Skrill
    Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account
    Payment upon pickup
    Bill Me Later"

Maybe check out ProPay for Skrill?

3. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    When I get some time, I'm going to try out ProPay as it looks the most legitimate compared to the others. Lets just hope that they're not like Paypal and suspend accounts whenever they feel the need to.

Thanks for sharing the list with me :)

4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    No problem, I've also had trouble with Paypal and try and use alternatives at all possible. Paypal is becoming nothing more than a company full of bullies and thieves, my girlfriend used to sell crafts on eBay and Paypal limited her account for no reason at all. Best of luck with Propay!

5. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    It seems you might have already bought the item in question? Do contact the seller, perhaps they can make arrangements for you to send a money order or such. I definitely recommend working things about with your Paypal account as most places prefer Paypal these days.

6. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    Payoneer is a rather good alternative. They take no fees when making online purchases (although there is a small fee of $1 per month). It can also be practical if you have a Paypal account since you can easily link the two accounts and transfer money from Paypal to Payoneer.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    The only alternative I know eBay takes is debit/credit cards. And that's if the individual seller themselves will take anything asides from Paypal.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    But I'm confused, because some sellers strictly only accept Paypal. Does that mean that you can pay them with other methods? How is that possible? Or you message the seller 1st before you buy their item and see if they would accept your payment method?

9. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    Most sellers only take PayPal on eBay, it's preferred especially as eBay is with them. I've never even heard of anyone using a different payment method on eBay...

10. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Don't forget that there's a $25 yearly fee, and a fee every time you load the card with money.

11. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Well uh, what limitation issues have you been having exactly? If it's your fault, then it's your fault. If it's not, you can usually call PayPal and the representatives are (usually) good at helping you out with that kind of stuff.