Is PayPal the way to go when you are unsure of a seller?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Sefrotox • May 16, 2013.

1. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    For the few months i have been using it, i think it is a great service that is a lot versatile and reputable than all the others that are out right now. So if you have anything to buy or sell online, that is the way to go.

2. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    Paypal is reliable.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well if you are unsure of the seller don't buy from him him/her. I know paypal is the most reliable thing out there but it isn't foolproof. I know of people who have been ripped off in spite of using paypal.

4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the option you want to go if you don't really trust a seller. With that being said it is like a double edge sword. Paypal has been known to even side with people who are obviously in the wrong. I know that I lost some disputes even when I had a lot of proof to back up my claims. In general, Paypal will always side with the buyer and sellers will tend to get the short end of the stick.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal is reliable yes but supposing something does happen, how long do you suppose you'll have to wait before you get your money back? Think of all the time wasted, the stress that will cause you and so on.

IMO it would be best instead of simply relying on paypal to help you if a seller acts in bad faith, best to actually buy from sellers who have a good reputation or from a store that has a brick and mortar outlet where you can take your complaints directly.

6. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    PayPal is the KING. Always safe and secure. For me as a freelancer I have met few clients who pretend to be what they aren’t. And to assure myself about this I only ask them to pay me before I get into the job and since anything paid through PayPal cannot be returned if not for ones permission I usually find making deals quite impressive. A client can as well ask for a return of his or her money in case he sends more than expected. This ways the need of the buyer and the seller are looked at perfectly.