is Ross a good value?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vagabondmom • Jun 21, 2012.

1. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    They are kind of like TJ Maxx, they have those good deals and nice things. But you have to dig threw the pile to get it before someone else gets to it.

2. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I think Ross has excellent bargains! They have a great return policy also. The workers in our Ross are very friendly and helpful and always offer to help if needed. They have great housewares, too. I purchased some glassware off their sale rack and got an excellent deal! I'm a Ross fan!

3. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I have found some great things at Ross. During my last pregnancy, about 75% of my maternity wardrobe came from Ross. I have bought some pieces that were not good quality and didn't last long, but it was my fault for not checking it out too much before purchasing. I wish my local store had more, most of their racks are bare.

4. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I used to shop there quite a bit, though my local Ross has started to go downhill, just not the selection that it used to have.

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I used to shop there, but i don't care for them. You can find some deals, but you have to look and I hate that. I shop at department stores like Dillards or Macys and they have a good shopping experience and better quality items. I love to go to Dillards especially during their sales where you can find a lot of items marked down to 66% off plus an additional 30 to 40% off. I've found just as good deals doing this and the clothes and household items are a ton better quality.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately there's not a single Ross in my area and I used to go shopping there all the time. I always found good values but of course I really had to dig in deep to find them but of course well worth it. I loved the clothing there and really good brands were sold there for 75% less of their real price.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Ross and think that the sales are great. I do think you should shop around though, because I have found that some department stores put their items on sale so that they are comparable to Ross. JCP runs some crazy good sales in between seasons. I found a Columbia coat their last spring that was on clearance for 80% off and I paid a little over $20 for it. At Ross, I probably would have paid close to $40. I also shopped Macy's and found a couple men's sweaters and paid less than $30 for the whole purchase. Shop around and don't just stick to one store.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You could find really interesting brands and deals at the Ross stores,and I remember shopping there back in the mid 80's before they had Targets and Kohls. I can't remember the last time I shopped there though,but I remember going in one, around the Christmas holidays about 10 years ago.

I used to shop at Ross all the time,back in the day,but shop more at Kohls and Target these days. They also had a nice homewares section as well. You could find some good brands of shoes marked down,and the shirts were kind of hip as well. I looked to see, here in the Tallahassee area, if Ross was still here,and it looks like there are 2 of them now. Wow, going strong here!

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to shop a lot at Ross Dept. Store a lot before Walmart. Now I can find cheaper clothes and everything else at Walmart, so I shop at Walmart more. I like Ross and will window shop there almost weekly. I love window shopping. I like Ross food section where I found the cheapest Turmeric for just 2.69 a 3.5 oz or 98 g plastic bottle. I was so delighted with this purchase. I find very good prices for coconut oil too, at Ross. Ross saves me a lot of money, so does Walmart.