Is Samsung The Best Android Phone

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Vinaya • Dec 29, 2016.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Samsung for a long time. I have used samsung's normal hand sets as well as smartphones. I believe Samsung is the best android phone in the market. Whether you buy cheap samsung phone or really expensive samsung, it will never disappoint you. What do you think?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to think that Samsung is the best smart phone next to iPhone. The features of Samsung is comparable to the expensive iPhone. However, with issue of the burning battery of Samsung 7 model, it had lost the throne somehow. But maybe it can recover when the next model comes out in the market.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like Samsung phones, but mine has disappointed me because it stopped working out of the blue. It would come on, but it would not connect to wi-fi at all, for some reason. It just would not, which basically made the phone almost useless.
    I still like Samsung, and maybe I'll give them another try when I am in the market to buy a new phone, but as @Alexandoy@Alexandoy mentioned, the battery in some of those phones is a serious issue.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Despite my undying love for Samsung for years I still don't think that any one brand can be the best when it comes to electronics. It all depends on a person's needs.

So, while Samsung is my first choice, it may be not be the case for others.

I still feel Samsung is worth the initial cost because ultimately it hardly incurs you any extra costs like moat brands. I am using my smartphone for 4 years straight.

I have not even once incurred an extra cost for servicing or repair.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    There seems to be more people using Samsung android phones than any other brand. I haven't use this particular type of phone but have read and heard some disappointing stories about battery failures especially in Samsung 7. Well my original phone years back was Nokia, now Microsoft. If I were to think any phone is better than the other, then I'd say two phones are there in the market, Nokia and the others

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    There is no doubt that Samsung is still the market leader in Android smartphones. But they are also going through a bad phase these days due to stiff competition from other players. Cheap phones with more features are available in the market. Moreover, customers don't care for the durability factor and every minute a new model is being introduced in the market.

I have been suing Samsung phones for more than 10 years now and I am quite satisfied with it. One of my Samsung touch phones is more than 8 years old. I also have a Samsung Galaxy now. The only drawback I experienced is the poor battery backup in Samsung smartphones. I think if they could address this to a great extent they still have the potential to grab lions share in the market.

7. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends on what kind of features you want. Samsung is no doubt a strong competitor but rivals such as Apple, HTC, Xiaomi and many others are always on the hunt to launch newer mobiles and attract more customers. The recent news about the explosions in the S series have certainly triggered a negative response in the customers about buying Samsung smartphones.

I have been using HTC from the past 4 years and I see no problems at all with my handsets. Yes, the battery backup is on the lower side but you have to compromise on some features if you want something else. Apple phones are good too but they are costly.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    If not the best, Samsung Androids are one of the best available in the market at present. I've used couple of them and price and performance wise they are superior to many. However, there're some flaws in some of the models, but then even the costliest of iPhone models are not free from flaws. For me, it's a thumps up!

9. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I do not think there is a 'best' universal phone out there, though Samsung's is pretty impressive. I have personally tried a bit of each brand and model 'here and there', as they say, and cannot vouch for a flawless make or model among any brand or company. No two are alike, and many pros replace other cons.

10. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say something similar. For all the hype (and high cost) of iPhones, they are not without their issues either.

I have had really good luck with Samsung phones. I liked mine so much that I really hated to get a new one. Thankfully, my new one is still similar to the one I had. It actually turned out to be a nice upgrade. I'm happy with it, plus I got a gift card when I upgraded during Black Friday, so that's another bonus.

One of my kids just had to have an iPhone, and she has had nothing but trouble with hers. I'll keep my Samsung. I haven't had any problems with any of the ones I've had (so far).

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    After the controversy caused by Note 7, I don't think so. Samsung lost Billions of dollars from this incident because of that phone's exploding batteries. Oppo is the best brand of Smartphone at this moment. Oppo is better than the latest Iphone because it has a headphone jack.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung android phones are doing great too I know they are to a great extent trusted phones. I see that very many people use this brand of phone. I haven't actually use this type of phone but know friends who use them and are cool with the phones.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using Samsung Galaxy V for almost 5 years now. As far as its service is concerned, it does well and good. Since it is already been used for several years, I need to get a replacement of its battery pack. Still, it works and serves me well for that my business dealings, for my call and text messaging to my clients, and family members.

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    After the disaster Note 7 was, I can't believe people here are still thinking Samsung is the best. Samsung is a ticking time bomb and my Sister's Samsung Galaxy is broken after 2 years. The newer models have shorter planned planned obsolescence.

Oppo is the best Android device in the Market.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My last phone was Samsung but since I had to change to a 4G enabled device I bought a handset needed specifically meant for that particular service offering free data and voice calls for 6 months while their launching services. I bought InFocus at the price of about $200 having 3 GB RAM 16 Memory, screen size 5.5" 13MP camera. Trust me I am loving it because it is as good as any phone at much higher price by Samsung.

16. Andy Haertel

Andy HaertelNew Member

Threads:
    samsung is defenitly the best android cell phone

17. Rozy Smith

Rozy SmithNew Member

Threads:
    yes, samsung is the best android phones you can say, it launch many series coming soon of galaxy mobiles like samsung A5 2017, A3 2017, A9 2017, Samsung C7, C7 Pro, C9 Pro etc....even right now I am using the samsung on 7 mobile, it is awesome, i didnt faced any issue right now, it very rare available i buy it from online store, when i was searching samsung galaxy mobiles store then i reach to some stores like shop clue, infibeam.com, mobile com etc....then jump with infibeam.com

18. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung is a top quality brand, but saying it's the best android is highly subjective of course, as it will depend a lot on the model we are using. If we are using a low end model, I can tell you it sucks, but if it's a high end one, so in this case yeah, it will be fairly unbeatable.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I also believe that Samsung is somehow unbeatable and it's one of the best brands of cellphones that was ever released, but I don't think it's the best one. I've had Samsung phones before and it never disappointed me, but I prefer LG over Samsung. I don't know but I guess LG suits my personal needs and the way I could customize my phone. I also think that Apple is one of the best brands as well whether it's for smartphones or laptops, same with Samsung :)

20. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Before I had my iPhone I had a Samsung (B2100 if I am not mistaken), it was not a smartphone, but it was great. My wife had a Samsung Nano, low end model, and it sucked lol. Now she has a better one and she likes it, but overall I feel iPhones are better than Androids, at least they are faster I believe.