Is The Apple Pencil Worth The Purchase?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • May 7, 2016.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to draw on my iPad Mini. It's one of my hobbies. I use various drawing apps like Paper and Sketches II. The problem is, I find it hard to create high quality drawings using only my index finger. I can't draw precise lines and curves and I can't shade like I do when I'm using real pen and real paper.

I've heard that Apple has now released the Apple Pencil and I kinda like to buy one. However, Im afraid that I might just throw away my money for some useless piece of crap. Is the Apple Pencil a great device for drawing on the iPad? Is it worth the high purchase price?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been wondering about this as well. Most I've heard is that it won't work that well with old iPads and it would only work best with an ipad pro. Also, I think it's still not as accurate as most other devices that actually specialize on drawing, which I guess is understandable. I've seen some videos online about it but honestly I can't tell that much difference from other pens just by looking at it. Perhaps the best way is to find a store where we can test it.

3. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    Everybody knows that Apple products are a bit more pricey. the Apple pencil is a great product only if you need it. If you want a stylus you can get one that works great for an iPad. But if you use all the features it has to offer and you become more productive then it is worth every dollar you pay. Hope this Helps. Good Luck.

4. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    It's a little bit different, but I'm far more interested in a 3D printing pen like the

. These look like so much fun for me and it's a chance to learn more about a truly cutting edge technology. And you can make toys with them!

I like to draw on the iPad but I've never really gotten used to it. I think it would be worth it for design professionals but probably not as a toy.