Is there a cord to connect a smartphone to a printer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Aug 31, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to use my smartphone to make presentations. I could access different documents on my phone like Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I normally use my netbook but it's a little bit heavy to carry. They say that I could connect my phone to a projector but I need a cord. What type of cord would allow me to connect my phone to a projector?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It should just be a USB to micro USB cord, which you can pick up at any electronics store these days. I've never heard of projecting from your phone though. There may possibly be some Android app that will help with this, but you may also run into issues with the projector not recognizing your phone or knowing what to do with it. It may only be able to look for Windows or Mac machines.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    USB To Micro Usb cord would be what you are looking for. These cords can be easily purchased as well, from places such as Amazon or eBay.

4. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    USB to MicroUSB should do the job perfectly. Doesn't really matter which brand you get, they all work the same. You could also try something like Google Cloud Print if physical connection is an issue. Recent versions of Android support it.

5. LALucien

LALucienNew Member

Threads:
    As others have said already USB -> Micro USB.
    Also, depending on the printer you can also connect via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and also card reader, which allows you to pop you SD card directly into the printer and print straight from it.

(Mine does all this and was about £40 from Currys (UK) - its a 'Canon PIXMA - Wife has covered the model No. with a sticker of a butterfly! :p