Is there a correlation between high spec and high quality?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Mar 19, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Share your thoughts on that.

Do high specs guarantee better quality or is that just a selling gimmick to make you buy expensive electronics?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I think it also includes the brand. If the brand has a reputation of producing quality products, so even when they give you a high spec product you can be sure that it is reliable. Other than dealing with a low brand that you might doubt even if they produce high spec products. Brand is a lot to consider when buying high spec product.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the brand really, if you're referring to hardware. But if by 'quality' you mean quality of work, then yes, higher specs mean higher quality since the higher the specs, the higher the performance resulting to better output and work quality. But on the hardware side of things, it really depends on how you look and take care of the product, for example, my gaming PC runs am OEM GeForce graphics card, it delivers the same performance as its equivalent Nvidia counterpart but its cheaper, and as for the quality, well, they're just the same, just be sure of its maintenance.

4. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you are looking for.

Have you ever heard the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? That is a perfect quote in this situation. I am sure a lot of people relate good specs, with good quality, and i am sure some people don't.

It would be impossible for me to give a definite answer because the answer depends on what the individual looks for in their device.