Is there a free sofware that can password protect my USB flash drive?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by sidney • Nov 20, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like my flash drive to require a password everytime someone attempts to open it. Is there a software out there that does that and is free to download? Feel free to post the links here. Thanks.

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    You could probably easily find the solution you are looking for on Google or YouTube. They always have tutorials on how to do tech savy things.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did search for it, but all that I found was trial softwares where you are only allowed to use it for free within 30 days. I was hoping someone may know of something that I haven't found out yet. I tried watching the tutorials in YouTube that don't need a software, but I'm scared to mess up my flash drive, so I'm opting for a software that you can just install in your USB.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I think you're looking for some sort of encrypting software. Basically how they work is all the data on your USB drive (or hard-drive) is protected by a password that must be entered first.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see, yeah that's pretty much what I'm looking for, or like before the drive shows the folders and it's contents, you won't see it until you enter the password. So no password, no access. Do you have any software to suggest?