Is there a good cheap facial cleaner?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Esperahol • Jul 11, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know of a good, but cheap facial cleaner? It needs to be gentle enough for a fairly advanced case of acne, but hard duty enough to overcome a very persistent case. Any ideas?

2. Sampson

SampsonNew Member

Threads:
    I was quite a bad acne sufferer, so I have an understanding on how you feel.
    The first thing I'd get is some baby wipes, gentle as anything else out there, not many chemicals and cheap.
    Don't over do facial cleansers, they can often do more worse than good; calamine lotion is pretty good at calming acne and spots.

A trip to your doctor is probably worth it, inquire about anti-biotics or Roaccutane. It's harsh but cleared mine up and my acne had never come back.

Hope I've helped a little :)

3. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    The clean&clear foaming facial cleanser for sensitive skin is a good/cheap option.
    20261-75689-large.
    But if you have acne problems, using only a cleanser isn't going to solve it. You need a routine and good products for your type of skin.
    You should have a cleanser, toner(optional), AHA and/or BHA exfoliators and a moisturizer with SPF(very important) and changing your pillowcases regularly is important and usually overlooked.
    Check

and

for good products and tips.

[video=youtube;djbEJpeNz6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbEJpeNz6c[/video]

Attached Files:

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I go for Muji's facial cleanser. I buy it for only 6$! Make sure to tone and moisturize after. It's not enough that you just wash it with a cleanser.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    The best soap that I've ever used was the Alabu Goat's Milk Soap. I had really bad acne and after about a month of using this soap, my mom asked me what happened to my face. On their website there are also testimonials about how great it is for someone with eczema and other skin issues.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have always liked Noxezma as a facial cleanser, it leaves your face feeling fresh and I like the smell of it. Very good for blemishes as well. The cost is reasonable, as opposed to other products.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    To help with your advanced acne, I'd use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash if I were you. It comes in a 6oz pump bottle, has chamomile and aloe in it to soothe acne redness, and also contains a decent concentration of salicylic acid to tackle the pimples. It is gentle enough, yet effective for your skin type. Not very expensive either.
    2011-neutrogena5-300.

#7Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    When I feel like a bad breakout is going to erupt, my first choice would be Neutrogena Deep Clean foaming cleanser. My skin is pretty low maintenance, so during normal days, I just use the Dove bar.

9. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Im 30 and really love the olay scrubs. I dont break out often but when I do its not pretty. I find Olay doesnt break me out, its more hormonal or my diet that does it. If I use any washes geared towards teens I end up with a pizza face! Im under the impression there is something in them to aggrivate acne before it clears it so you think you need the product more! Avon and Mary Kay also have some nice inexpensive basic cleansers.

10. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Clean N Clear line of products for skin care. I've been using since I was in high school and college. I have oily skin and back then was prone to break outs. The cost is not bad- about $4 or so. I get mine at Walmart or Target.

11. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Clean & Clear has bad products in general, they have very few products that are good and i'll bet that you won't find them at a walmart or target. So i wouldn't recommend clean & clear to anyone..

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Witch Hazel. It's an natural astringent. It's also an anti-inflammatory. It's gentle, but I don't have acne so I really don't judge how it will work for you.

13. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    anti-inflammatory? witch hazel is horrible. Depending on the form of witch hazel, you’re either exposing skin to an irritating amount of alcohol (which causes free radical damage and collagen breakdown), tannins, or both. Moreover, witch hazel contains the fragrance chemical eugenol, which is another source of irritation.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry you have had problems with witch hazel. I have been using it for years with no problems. It also use it on my swollen joints. It seems through my skin and deadens the pain. The witch hazel I use has no unnecessary ingredients.

15. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I've never used witch hazel, because i research products before i get them. Based on what I've read, it's pretty bad and far from any good. Just because you've been using it without having any bad experience with noticeable damage, doesn't make it a good product, or you may have purchased some kind of witch hazel without the irritating ingredients i mentioned earlier. Either way, there are too many good products on the market for skin, so there's no need to use risky products such as witch hazel.

16. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I know its going to sound crazy, but I was my face with a mild soap and regular old white sugar. Its a nice scrub. Its more gentle than it sounds. It helped close my large pore problem, very quickly.

17. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    If you are looking for some simple cleanser that can be made at home then try milk & honey combination or yogurt & honey mixture. Take both in equal proportion & apply it on your face. After sometime wash it by using lukewarm water.