Is There A Particular Fast Food Chain Or Restaurant That You Avoid Going To?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by moneymania • Oct 23, 2016.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I know that we have our own preference when it comes to eating out, but we also have a dislike for a particular type of food or maybe even a dislike for some fast food or restaurant because of poor service. As for me, I am not a fan of Chinese or Indian food, so I avoid going to such places that serve such food. As for fast food or restos that have bad service, as of now I can't think of any establishment that has made me experience consecutive inconveniences to the point that I would stop going there, although I have had my fair share of wrong orders, like the size of soda being wrong, but it mostly happens when I order for delivery. So how about you? Any particular establishments that you avoid for whatever reason?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely not a fan of sea food. I can eat shrimp or a breaded fish patty burger but that's about it. If I were to visit a seafood restaurant, I wouldn't eat at all basically and especially since most won't sell breaded fish burgers. I've never gone to a seafood restaurant out of my decision.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I doubt if there is any particular restaurant that is ruled out of my list. So long the food sold there is one I am used to. I will definitely not go with food outlet if I am not used to the food, or it's such I'm forbidden. If I can't get the composition of the food then I may not visit such restaurants, I like to understand every bit of ingredient in foods I eat out or buy out.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not into fast food much. The main reason I avoid these places is because the food is unhealthy and doesn't really taste good to me anyway for the most part. I also find that fast food is getting more expensive, like everything else I guess.

If I had to pick one in particular, I guess I would say Dominoe's Pizza. I had one years ago and never went back it was so bad. They might be cheap, but in my opinion, this is definitely a case of you get what you pay for. Yuck!

These days, you can often go to sit down restaurant for what it costs to have a meal at a fast food chain. Even if I want a burger, I'd rather have one in a restaurant that's a step up from the drive thru places.

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    We do have this place called Karate Kid in a mall near us. They had great pictures of appetizing food and we were so hungry that time and we were looking for a place to eat. It was full almost everywhere since it was Sunday, we really did not have much of a choice so we ordered food there. Aside from the crew who had her face crumpled like a 50 year old news paper that was used to scrub the floor and was not really happy doing her job, the service was too slow we almost passed out before the food was served. The pork chop that was served was like a deep fried razor blade with lots of breading on it. About the drinks,we ordered soda and they served watered soda with lots of free ice. We complained but the manager ignored us. Ever since then I never ever went in there again.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We enjoy going out for a meal now and then, and we usually go somewhere that is not expensive, but where they do serve good food. Even when you go through a drive-through, the food should be good, and worth the price being charged for it.
    One place that we will probably never go again in Sonic. They have ads on the television, and the hamburgers are big and juicy looking, with thick slices of tomato and bright green lettuce, and the hot dogs are covered with chili and onions and shredded cheese.
    When we went there, the hamburgers were dry and not much on them for lettuce and tomato, and the hot dog barely had any meat on it, and the chili was just a streak of brown goo, and there was NO cheese at all !
    Even worse, we ordered limeades to drink, and the cherry limeade had no cherries and not even any chunks of lime. They used to have both of those in the drink when you ordered the cherry flavored limeade, but now it was basically just soda pop and ice.
    I wrote to the company about the poor food, and they didn't even bother to write back, let alone offer us any kind of a discount to try it again. So.... no more Sonic for us.....EVER ! !

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Working Buck@Working Buck, I guess I won't bother trying out their food anymore if the service is bad, and the food is equally worse.

@Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady, We don't have Sonic over here, but if that's the case then it's obvious that their service is deteriorating already. I think they are cost-cutting already at the expense of the customers.

I think if you guys got ignored, then it pays to post your complaints on their Facebook page. That way lots of people will see it and it will force them to take action, unless they don't care if they lose customers.

8. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if this counts then I don't go to Chinese restaurants. I know there have been a lot of speculation as to what exactly is in your food. The other day, someone I know who works for one of them was literally given a skinned dog to cook. He couldn't do it so he took a picture of what he was offered and quit the job. I know(or I hope) not all of them do this but I know of restaurants cooking animals that would be considered normal to eat in China in other countries. So I just don't take the risk.

9. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    The only food that I don't like is seafood so that rules out those restaurants along with sushi. Other than that I'll eat in most places but when it comes to fast food I tend to stay away from places like Subway as I think there is too much choice. That might sound a bit strange as the more choices you have then the better usually but for me there needs to be limit.

I want to choose what I want on my meal deal, but I don't want to choose from 10 different types of bread, or 5 different types of salami so I'm better off just sticking to the usual McDonalds and KFC!

10. Working Buck

Threads:
    I don't think worse is a proper term. Come to think of it, words to describe that place aren't invented yet. I would rather want that place bombed than Whatever has been bombed since world war 2. Just thinking about the name of that place makes me turn green.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, China does have some weird practices when it comes to eating various sorts of food, so I'm not surprised at this incident. In my country, some people eat dogs as well, but in certain provinces only, where the dog killings are rampant. Killing dogs is prohibited by the law, so dog eating is taboo and done in secret.

Well I guess that's one of the hassles of eating out on weekdays, since it's almost always full of people, and that results in getting inferior food and service, because the place will most likely be overwhelmed with customers. And that's why I don't really like ordering drinks from fast food chains, since they will always be full of ice. It's better to order food there for delivery and just buy your own liter of soda, so you don't have to make do with bland "iced soda".

12. Working Buck

Threads:
    I totally agree, but ordering food for deliveru isn't good here too. I might as well cook food, I might save a lot more and eat good food at the same time if i would do that.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    you are right everyone has his own taste for food, priority to resto or fast foods kiosk to go. This thing is influenced by the food that is served, by the service which the waiter and waitress is giving to their customer. I have no favorite places for food to go but I have a favorite foods to eat.

14. Working Buck

Threads:
    I agree, sometimes I tend to eat again to some places where they serve nice but not great food and they have great service. Crews who always give a smile and are always on the lookout for customers who need something.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I don't really mind if the crew is not really all that jolly or cordial, but as long as they aren't rude, then that is acceptable service already, the most important thing is that they are efficient. Sometimes I get the wrong size of the soda that I ordered and that can be annoying!

16. Working Buck

Threads:
    I usually experience being served by rude crews in one Mcdonalds branch in our place, unlike in the ir fastfood counterpart where everyone is jolly. Aside from being rude, the manager steps away whenever someone is complaining.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid restaurants that serve smaller foods relatively for an amount of money. There is this popular food chain I was patronizing and I thought it was superb, one day I visited another of their branches the meal I was served there was a lot more in quantity. I felt being cheated by the other branch ever since and avoided them henceforth.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    How rude was the staff? I also experienced a rude cashier, but that was in a supermarket. I didn't bother complaining anymore, but I just thought that that cashier has no manners, and it serves her right working in such a low paying job, haha! Managers don't really bother with customer's complaints, since there is nothing in it for them, and they avoid being inconvenienced, even if that is part of their job.

19. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to avoid Rally's. We had one in our old neighborhood and we'd eat there all the time. But one day in high school, we were in typing class and one of my classmates got really sick. I remember the teacher asking me to take her to the office. I didn't understand why she needed somebody to go with her, but then when I saw the color of her face (she turned completely pale-white,) I knew why the teacher wanted somebody to assist her. She barely made it to the office, she kept falling down, possibly passing out...because I remember catching her a couple times so she wouldn't hit her head. Finally, when we made it down to the office, I asked her what she had eaten for lunch (typing class was right after lunch.) And I remember her answer was RALLY'S.

It may seem kind of stupid, but I'm afraid to eat there now! o_O:)

20. Working Buck

Threads:
    Well she served me uncooked rice, it was still a bit hard. The cola tastes like water, and the chicken isn't cooked well. When I was complaining, it seems like they do not really care much. Unlike in the other fastfood chain where their crew are always on the lookout for someone who needs assistance. A friend of mine ordered 3 meals there, he saw a small nail in his spaghetti. He complained it and ended up bringing home 3 large plastic bags of food to go.