Is there a way to get paid apps totally free?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by akiii123 • Aug 24, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    IPhones are itself so expensive, and then most of the apps are paid apps which is quite sad. Once when I was browsing through the internet, I came across this blog where the person was explaining how to get all your paid apps for free using viggle in iPhone. I thought that this was a really cool idea and decided to try it. However, my viggle app keeps hanging and does not function very well. I do not understand why this has happened and I am quite frustrated about it. I would love to know if there is any other method to get all your paid apps for free.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why don't you just pay for the apps instead of being cheap? Not everything in life is free, and these companies have to make money somehow. Charging for the products is the most logical solution. When you bought the iPhone, you had to know that the App Store is a premium app store where most things come with a price. Most apps for iPhones require payment in order to acquire the app, and you should have known that in the first place. Don't try to circumvent paying for the app because you're breaking the law and scamming decent companies.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Use torrent sites. But that is illegal and definitely causes developers to lose money. Also, you might get into trouble depending on what country you're at right now. If you want to have paid apps but you have a limited budget, you must choose wisely. Don't just pay and pay for something that you don't really need. Besides, if you download some paid apps on a torrent site, you might get some nasty virus.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If you are speaking strictly legally, then there are a few apps that you can get, like FreeAppADay, which every day has a different paid app which you can get for free, you're not always going to get something you like but they have all kinds of apps, from games to organizers to alarm clocks, something for everyone.
    As for illegally I'm not really sure, I hear it's easier on Android than on iOS but someone should be able to chime in on that.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I use an Android phone and it's very easy to download and install paid apps for free on different sites. However, I still pay for apps because I wanna support the developers. As for iOS devices, I think that you still need to jailbreak your phone in order for you to use the paid apps that you have downloaded for free.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think there is a totally free option since if there was then absolutely no one would probably pay for paid apps. However, there are ways to earn some App Store credit by doing tasks like downloading free apps and playing with them which you can find via the sites and app programs that offer such things. It takes a really long time to earn it though but since you can get your apps for free I'd say it's worth it.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Let me put this as plainly as possible: If you can't afford a $3 app, how did you get a $600 phone?
    That's what irks me about people who are always complaining about the price of apps, do you get free gas just because your car was expensive?

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can understand where the OP is coming from though with that statement. It's not necessarily that you can't afford 3 dollars but it can turn into several 3 dollars. It all adds up from the initial cost of the phone. I wouldn't compare a phone to a car. That's a totally different scenario.
    I don't think that's a reason to try and cheat the system though. It's a bummer when I can't get paid apps sometimes but I just try to find free versions in the store and they're usually not too bad.

#8Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    The only way you can totally get free apps is to either pirate them. I don't get why people tend to go cheap when it comes to apps. If you really like the app then why not just pay for it? I mean it couldn't hurt to pay a few dollars for app that you really find useful.

And seeing that you're using an iPhone you probably have the money to purchase the phone which is expensive ans cost you hundreds of dollars so it doesn't make sense to be stingy when it comes to a $1 app.

10. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    If you really wanted to get apps for free you either have to break some rules. When it comes to IOS devices you can do some jailbreaking but that's going to compromise your warranty. Like the others said there are some apps that offer free download of paid apps and that's possibly the more legal options. However if really wanted to get them for free then you might want to pirate them because that's the only way you can get them totally free.

Another legal suggestion would be to switch to Android. The Android app store offers tons of free apps and some of them are paid if you take a look at their IOS counterparts. But to be honest, I think it's just fair to pay for apps. People worked hard on developing those and they invested a lot of time and money just to deliver it to you so if you enjoy the app then it's just right to give back to the people that gave it to you.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also asking the same question. There are really good apps around but a good number of them also comes with a monetary price. And of course, it's holding me back. Some I buy, those that are cheap. Some I just shiver because they are too expensive and beyond my rich. I might have money for them, but I would rather use the money for something else greater. I think that there's not direct way but I read from somewhere where you can get an Apple cash card of sort for free which you could use in iTunes to purchase some of their goods.

12. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I support your view @akiii123, however, I do believe that developers should benefit from their "hard work" in reaping profits from their venture and skill in developing apps, however, If nobody buys the app, the price on the app either depreciates or with have to be removed, that's the law of Economics, no demand equals, no profit, equals, no or low price. The fact of the matter is that apps are not as necessary as say gas, so to draw an analogy between the two would not be the best thing to do, I support free apps because not every body who has an expensive phone can afford to pay for an app, that's reality, not a thing made up in dreamworld. So developers should bear that in mind also. I've also seen many cases where apps have been now offered for free after people expressed instances for not being able to pay for them.