Is There Really An Alternative To Facebook?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by deewanna • Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deewanna

deewannaNew Member

Threads:
    When we talk of search engines, most people automatically think of Google. And when we talk of social media, most people automatically think of Facebook. With the various social media platforms springing up, do you think any of them can level up to Facebook?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is... if you think about it there is Linkedin, Yammer and stuff like that but they are more professional based and very different from Facebook.
    There used to be Orkut before Facebook existed and it was pretty popular where i live. But along came Facebook and that went out the window.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen a few come and go, and IMHO, none of them, past and present can really rival Facebook. Facebook has really got it nailed and it's what people have become accustomed to. That's where everyone now converges, and for the most part, people don't really even use their email accounts. Facebook is versatile and very user friendly and I think it'll take something really special to "de-throne" it.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Facebook and Twitter are the most popular ones, but the problem with Facebook is that you have to use your real name and certain information is kept. Twitter on the other hand you can be anonymous and can network with people you don't know, where Facebook is more for a close knit circle.

These days it's harder to set up an account, needing verification for certain things and then they delete profiles too ( I had one deleted before they pushed the 'real name' condition) and there is less privacy than you think.

5. Caly

CalyNew Member

Threads:
    Well, the problem of alternative social networks is that people who susbcribe are "alternative" people.
    Sure on Alternatebook you can log on with Myrcella Goth, a young gothic from Alabama, conscious of her anonymity, and that's true, you probably cannot find her on Facebook. However, on Facebook you can connect with all your buddies from your job or your school. Saturday, you're probably even went to Ashley's party and you meet someone nice and all thanks to Facebook because it is there that you have been invited by Ashley. It is still more interesting to see what people are doing that have known, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.