Is There Still A Big Market For Slimming Products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Working Buck • Oct 7, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I used to sell beauty products and food supplements but never tried selling slimming products. I would like to try selling some so I am trying to ask in forums i a lot of people are still interested on buying slimming products.

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any sliming products, however, I am sure there is a good market for sliming products. It is a desire for overweight people to get slimmer, thus they want to try anything that guarantees weight loss. However, in spite of trying to reach all kinds of people, try to reach your products to certain group of people for example, house wives, tens etc.

3. Working Buck

Threads:
    Thanks, have you tried marketing such products? Like beauty, health or wellness? What have you tried so far that sell like pancakes?

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I do think that slimming products are still selling well, it's just that the market is that saturated now that to be able to make any money selling them then you have to have a massive amount of advertising behind you, and that can often dwarf the profit you are actually going to achieve.

Selling items that aid slimming is probably a way to get your name noticed and a way for you to build up a client list and portfolio, but as for making you rich, I wouldn't have thought that potential is there anymore like it used to be.

5. Working Buck

Threads:
    I do agree with that. Getting rich with these products will be impossible, but I'm just in for small profits to build a food business. And the market is quite saturated as you have said.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is a big market for slimming products. The problem is that people have functional risk as to which products to trust and which to ignore. There are so many products claiming great results but turn out to be vain. One can establish trust by giving out samples to a few people in order to spread the effectiveness of your product through word of mouth before venturing into other marketing gimmicks.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice. I would probably do that.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few slimming products. There was this vibrating belt. It really worked. I have bought another trimmer - some sort of massager. I have not yet used it, so am not able to comment on it. These are the two products that I have bought. Otherwise I use honey and lemon for weight loss purpose.

9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Given my BMI, I think I do not need slimming products. Apart from that, I've heard from one of my friends that many of such products have side effects on our health system. She herself used one, and vied never to try them again. However, getting a toned body is everyone's dream and in trend as well, so you could try selling such products. I think there is a good market and you'll be able to cash in.

10. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Sure, people are always on a mission to lose weight. Unfortunately, now that everything seems to be "high protein" and low sugar/carbs, a lot of good diet products are long-gone.

My personal favorite was the SlimFast Dutch Chocolate Meal bars. They were big in the 80's and 90's...then went away for a while, then came BACK around 2008-2009, and now they're gone for good. :mad: Everything SlimFast offers now is high protein/high energy products, and frankly, I can't stand them. They keep me up all night (both the bars and the shakes), and they certainly don't taste like they used to. They have this fake-sugary-extra-sweet taste to them that really grosses me out.

When I'm looking for a diet or meal replacement bar, I really don't care if it has sugar or carbs in it. Protein doesn't matter much to me either. All I care about is that it tastes decent (like my original SlimFast Bars), and will fill you up, like they always did. With a big glass of water or milk, of course. ;) So if you are looking to create a new slimming/diet product, go for something like that. Fudgy/chocolatey with peanuts, and don't worry about reducing or eliminating sugar and carbs, some dieters didn't get into the whole "high-protein" diet craze. I would certainly buy a diet bar that was an exact replica of the original SlimFast Meal Bar. That's a promise.

Attached Files:

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I see lots of people struggling with obesity and overweight all over the globe.

People are ready to try anything for slomming down. However, not everything works out for everyone.

I am sure that slimming products will never loose their market as long as sedentary life prevails. You are good to take the plunge.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With the popularity of slimming salons, I'm sure there is always a market for slimming products. I know of many friends who are trying to lose weight and they are part of the market already. Overweight people love to eat but they admit that they have to lose weight. And that's it.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I tried drinking this slimming tea when I was 17, and I did lose some inches, but I didn't lose weight, since I never exercised. I would have become more thinner if I did. There are lots of obese and overweight people who want to lose weight, so your only concern is if they are willing to spend money on slimming products or not, so target those rich or people who have good jobs for a likely sale.

14. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Slimming products will be popular for the next hundreds of thousands of years! We have no choice but to eat for fuel, and there is always a dish that we could call our favourite. Certain times of year we eat more than we should, like Christmas, or even Easter, when we go on holiday we can put on weight. So I think that slimming products will always be a good seller.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I believe there is. There are a lot of people who would like to get slim and some of them resort with different slimming products and pills just to lose weight. Although some are skeptical and can't afford to buy one, I've known a lot of people who plunge into this, not knowing the bad side effects of these. Well there are slimming products that actually works without the negative side effect, but there are some that can make you sick or will give you headaches and tummy aches while in use, so better check the review first or ask your physician before using any slimming products just to be safe.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am pretty sure that as long as we have television and the media, there will always be the need for any product that aims to shape or mold the body. If anything, this little market niche will only continue to grow.

17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The only slimming products that is safe and does really work is Orlistat. the most famous brand of orlistat is Xenical but there are cheaper Orlistat found on the market. Orlistat really works but it is going to make you feel like you have diarhea as you will go to the bathroom over and over again. You will only take the pill at home and not at work.
    It does have some benifit as it can prevent heart disease and your sweat will smell good.

But yeah you will have a diarrhea like experience and there is going to be be oil on your stool.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank I have no faith in the term "Slimming Products". In my views there is nothing that can burn your fat without making any side effect on your body. I think the only way of getting rid of your body fat is control on diet and doing enough workout. I am in no need of them right now as I have a perfect body but even if had to reduce my weight, I would never try them.