Is This a Weird Christmas Present for my Fiancee?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by deansaliba • Dec 6, 2012.

1. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    This year I am only going to buy a Christmas present for my fiancee (I think she would kill me if I didn't) but I have a problem because we don't live together (300+ miles apart) and she has a habit of pawning anything and everything when she needs money.

I hit on the idea of buying her carpet for her new flat as it doesn't have any, what do you think about this? I know it isn't exactly a conventional present but my options are limited. :)

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Do you think it's something she really wants? If so, then I think it's a good idea. You may want to also consider something more personal and/or romantic that's on the cheaper side so you don't -only- get her a practical gift. Some women really don't like practical gifts.

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    If you feel like you know her taste well enough to choose something she would like, I say go for it! I would actually like to receive that as a gift! But maybe I'm just weird.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A carpet would be a nice practical gift for your fiancee, but to make it a bit more romantic, add flowers, chocolates and a heartwarming card to go with the carpet, because if you only gave her that carpet, it looks as if you bought that present for your mom or sister, lol. And since you're gonna give that carpet to your fiancee, it needs to have a romantic touch to it.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I think if she needs it, that's cool! But I agree, add something personal too.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is a bit unusual but if it is something that she has been wanting, then by all means go ahead. If it is not something that she has indicated that she would like to have, I would think of something else. I am not sure what your budget is but if you could arrange a visit and take her some flowers for about the some cost as that carpet, she might like that better.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know if carpet is really a gift for any time of the year. A carpet is something you just do on a weekend that's nice for her. It's not really a gift. More of a surprise nice thing to do.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

It is a little weird but i mean if she really wants it and she pawns when she needs money it's the best thing that way she has something she needs and she can't pawned it.