Is Tupperware worth it?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Oct 10, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tupperware is worth it especially when you plan to go on a picnic with family or friends. What's great about Tupperware is that you can store food of various proportions, depending on your picnic need and how many people will be joining you for this particular endeavor. There are also a lot of things you can store using Tupperware. If it's expensive for you, I suggest you try to ask the store manager for their sales dates.

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    My mom has lots of Tupperware and all of them are still in excellent condition. She has been using it since I was a kid, and that's a lot of years (don't want to reveal my age :p). Not sure about how it compares to the popular brands nowadays, but from my family's experience I'd say worth it!

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think actual Tupperware brand food storage container are worth the money. Back in the 70's and 80's when they were the only plastic food storage containers, they were worth the money. But now there are other brands that are cheaper and just as good. I like the Rubbermaid food storage containers with the Easy Find lids. You can't lose the lids because all the pieces snap together while being stored.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Tupperware is a good brand for plastic storage containers, which I have used for many years now. Although, I have tried other brands like Rubbermaid or Ziploc, and both brands stand the test of being microwaved for many minutes of high cooking. However, I tend to use china ware and glass to heat my foods than plastics, because plastic containers are easier to use but harder to clean and diminish in quality much faster.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not aware of any place that the actual brand name Tupperware is sold in stores, at least not in my area. It's usually sold at parties or by other means of placing orders from representatives. I think the name is used interchangeably with other storage container brands frequently, but I've never seen the brand name ones in stores. Maybe it's different by you. If so, which stores do sell this brand?