Is Tv A Waste Of Money?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Rossy • Aug 11, 2017.

1. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I just know that each time I looked at my bill and thought if I had actually gotten that much entertainment out of it, the answer was always no. It did make it easier to finally cancel the service though.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332 what service is hard to cancle? I am subscribed to two, Netflix and Foxtel. Of course they offer a package deal but you can always cancle or suspend or increase/decrease screens as you wish. If you are thinking in terms of saving money better go for Netflix which is probably one of the lowest priced service that offers maximum benefits.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I am sure all other will cost more than that. Specially streaming something on mobile phone as it will cost lot more if data is limited. Same thing goes for theater, I am sure not all people can afford to going to theater on regular basis. So I think better to stick with TV as there are many problems stick with other sources.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It could get very expensive if you have limited data. That's for sure. If you have a package that throttles instead of charging more, you're going to have a tougher time watching.

One trip to the movie theater would cost more than both of my streaming services added together do, so yes, you make a very good point.

I have Netflix too, and I like it. I also have Amazon Prime, and personally I think it is an even better bargain. If you pay yearly, it's less than NF and has more benefits. Both are good.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In fact YouTube was part of Netflix in this area which provided us lots of our viewing from our native country but they have recently taken it off. So we have gone for Jadoo TV which is one time investment and you can watch almost any channels from different parts of the world. I will get Foxtel disconnected as soon the agreement expires. I will still keep Netflix as it costs only US$8/month and then I have ABC Channels which provide lots of stuff as well.

6. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I think that TV is not a waste of money.We can use TV to get many benefits sitting in certain place in our home.TV is a greatest source of entertainment and information.The biggest difference between TV and mobile phone s the size of screen.Due to biggest size of screen,TV provides a reason for families to spend time together.We can get information from all over the world at low cost.

7. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see Television as a waste of time. I used them as a tool to promote bonding time with my family like movie marathon twice a month. The gadget that we have today are so compact and this activity is hindered. It may have the ability to do what a TV can do but for me, TV will still my first gadget to use if I want quality time with my family.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True, its not completely waste of time. In fact we can learn few things from some good program. So TV is not waste of time, it is depend on how people use it. Hyper usage of TV will surely slow down other social activities. So people should take care of that thing. Normal usage with good list of program is surely good. And yes for staying in touch with news TV is the best source.

9. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamsonNew Member

Threads:
    Well before my marriage and even after that I have spent around 1 year without a TV, majority of it before marriage. I had a laptop with a high speed internet connection. I find that TV is major wastage of money.

The movies that are shown, I can browse it anytime anywhere with my laptop , I get much better stuff, and I am always update. So yes in a way TV is waste of money to me but once you have a family it becomes a sort of necessity.

10. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for agreeing with my comment. I really appreciate it.

11. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    for me a tv it will never be a waste of money i really enjoy the tv especially sometimes on the background playing keeping me company lol

12. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I do understand your point of view but there is no comparison to watching a movie on your smartphone and watching a movie at a smart TV. If you have a sound surrounding device at TV, the movie would be awesome.
    I don't think that TV is a waste of money, in fact I think is a good investition and a good way of relaxing!

13. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Television is no waste of money.If it were that easy to live without watching TV shows and movies,I don't think any one would own one.Entertainment is what keeps up from dying of boredom.I don't really think we'd actually die of boredom but just thinking of it makes me feel like I can pass away the next minute you know.Personally I think investing in entertainment is the smartest decision one can make because as much as I hate using this expression,"You only live once"

14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    A television is nice and especially if you live in a country where antenna television offers decent channels. If your internet goes out or you don't have money to pay a subscription of Netflix or your internet, the television is always there for free. Not only that but you can purchase an HDMI cable and use your television as your computer screen. That's what I do. When you have all your gadgets, it's only useful and fun because of internet but a television brings good times without it.

15. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    Watching TV is a waste of time, if you spend hours and neglecting your daily routine. It is good to watch TV, when you need to relax or you need to watch the daily news. To an extent, watching TV is good to relieve stress. I watch TV, when I really need to stretch out myself on my recliner sofa and relax. It work wonders!

16. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    As the world is enhancing with technology, we find some

@Rossy@Rossy With lots of invention, some of the electronic items we value most loose taste with time. Having a Tv is not a waste of money at all since it servers to provide more first hand information than the smartphones which are not affordable to most people.

#56Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the TV channels are nothing but a waste of money. And for this reason it'd be reasonable to make use of the Netflix and Amazon Prime. They seem to have better quality of shows. And they have lot cleaner interface. So you can see that it is not exactly waste of money and resources. So in that context I find TV not worth usable. So this can be different for each one of us though. It depends on the context of usage.

18. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't believe that it's a waste of money. It's more comfortable to watch events on the television when compared to watching on a smart phone and the TV is a more family friendly device. The phone may be somewhat useful in that aspect if you are single but you should also consider the there woulf be possibility of interruption when you may be watching on the phone because calls may coming in at the same time.

19. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    For me yes. I hardly ever watch anything on the tv. If I want to watch something, I watch it online, on my pc, but I do have relatively fast internet with unlimited bandwidth. That's obviously not an option for those people who have slow internet/ data cap. I can't imagine the smartphone being a good substitute though - the screen is just too small.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am no more watching serials on TV like I used to do a decade or two before but whenever I have time I visit various News Channels and see what is going on in different parts of the world. I generally do it while working from home on my laptop. Sometimes I also watch a movie that attracts my attention or from my favorite actors. By the way, the subscription charges are so low that we don't mind keeping our connection even if we do not watch much.