Is Your Computer Always On?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Jun 3, 2016.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have an Apple Mac laptop, and I will admit that I never turn it off. When I am not using it, I simply shut the lid and then leave it - but that doesn't switch it off. I don't think that it uses that much power when I do that though as the percentage remaining is usually pretty much the same when I open up the lid again.

2. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    It depends. I have set up my PC to go automatically "to sleep" whenever it's inactive for more than 30 minutes, so most of the time it's sleeping. However most of the time I keep it active to download torrents or listen to music, so it's mostly when I'm sleeping myself. Sleep mode definitely helps me saving some bucks on the bill.

I turn totally off my PC only if I don't need to use it for a long time, like a whole day or more, since at that point it's not worth to use sleep mode.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    My computer is always on.When I am not using it,it is on hibernate mode or sleep mode. I shut down my computer once a week. I don't keep my computer always on because I am working on my computer all day long. Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of night to use the computer.

4. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I'm guilty as charged, but I know this is a terrible thing to do. I would turn it off but I can't sleep without a TV show on (silence really creeps me out.) I have lost many laptops because of this but yet I can't seem to learn. I just fall asleep and don't even remember that it's on. And also, I putting something like a book below your laptop helps a little bit, as it at least won't warm up.