Is your dog and inside or outside pet?

Discussion in Pets started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 23, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I thought I would post some pictures of our puppy since everyone was so kind in replying to this question. So far, he is both an inside and an outside dog. He has become potty trained so that he does not go inside the house, but we are having trouble getting him to not want to rifle through the garbage.
    IMG_0034.P9300068.

2. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Our dog is an inside dog. Well most days. During the winter he is more of an outside dog by his choice. We have a siberian husky. He is very protective of us so I think him being an outside dog would make him more aggressive. I think a dog should be inside because they need love too. Some dogs love to be outside but if you get a husky or something that has a lovabe gene, you should probably be aware that it is going to want your attention. That's why so many people give up their pets because they did not do the research before they got the pet. If you have a bread that likes to be left alone then go right ahead and make it an outside dog. Otherwise I highly recommend you love that dog.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only way a dog of mine would be an outdoor dog, is if they wanted to be. Protecting your family isn't what he was born for.. you feeling bad is for a very good reason. He deserves shelter and companionship as much as you do. Besides, he can still protect the home from inside. My girl died last year and she was very much an indoor dog. She let me know when she wanted to be outside and we would go on long hikes together, but that was enough for her. She wanted shelter and love more than anything and was completely capable of letting us know if someone was near our house lol. Outdoors were for playing and bathroom breaks, not living. They aren't on this planet to serve us; so no, mine would never be a strictly outdoor animal. My father raised his animals like that and even though they knew no other way, there was a sadness about them.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry I missed this! He's beautiful! aaaaaw. He's so young, the garbage thing will pass with consistence. Just be patient and redundant with gentle methods and he'll get it eventually.. or find a new method for the garbage lol. He's a sweetie.. have fun :)

5. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    My dog is an outside pet. She couldn't figure out house training too well. She has probably been the most stubborn dog that I have had when it comes to potty training. She has plenty space to run around because the yard is fenced in and she has a place to rest and be in the shade. She enjoys being outside and I am fine with that.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    My dog has always been a outside simply because we do not like to dirty the home with dog hairs. It just stays outside the house and the house has a good boundary beyond which the dog can never go. I love to try out different ways to play with the dog in the outdoors. I hope to keep my family and the dog happy by this method.