Is your drink at the bar the same as your drink at home?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JoanMcWench • Oct 24, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have always found that when I am out having a drink with friends I most likely will try something new. Of course, this could change depending on the bar/restaurants specials for the night or specific deals. I also feel like I want to try something new because a commercial bar has a lot of options I really do not keep at home. I'm not a fancy pants drinker. I drink a beer or a martini (if I do happen to feel a bit fancy but that's as fancy as I get I swear!). You are also utilizing a bartenders ability to create something. Much like a chef in a kitchen, they should be able to make things quicker, easier, & (if they are quite good) better.

So, my question to you is as the title:

Is your drink at the bar the same as your drink at home? Why?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not! At home I usually only have water, juice, tea or coffee. On bars I usually will drink something alcoholic, like wine, beer, a margarita...

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    lol I see! I feel like I should have been more specific I see how the question was misleading. I was not trying to paint myself as a non-stop alcohol drinker who has a beer as opposed to water!
    Here's my revised question:
    Do you drink the same ALCOHOLIC drinks at home as you do at a bar?

4. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    No. I usually get different mixed drinks everytime I go out. At home I just mix the same drinks together because I live by myself so the only one drinking the alcohol is me. When I am at my moms house if I am in the mood I will drink there otherwise I just drink a soda or water. It all depends on my mood whether or not I will drink alcohol when I go out or when I am at home. I just like to drind socially.

5. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have alcoholic drinks at home, so definitely not. Even on rare occasions when I do, it'll probably be a can of beer as opposed to something like a Long Island Tea or something which I'll have in a bar.

6. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    My drinks are mixed drinks at the bar and beer at home. I'll have the same beer at a bar if I ever get offered one. =)

7. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I usually do not have the bartender mix me the same things I mix myself. This is for a few reasons, one I like to try new things at the bar and two they don't put as much alcohol in at the bar as I do at home so the drinks I make myself taste better at home. I don't like when my drinks don't taste the exact way I like them! Also when I'm lazy and at home I drink wine if I don't want to make drinks and I almost never get wine while I'm out. It's just too darn expensive to buy it by the glass. Every now and then I will with dinner but I feel if I'm going to spend that much I should just have a mixed drink.

8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. This habit might change a little; but right now I keep cheap beer at home, and at the bar ... well, I get the best deal I can (my standard drink, plus whatever people will give me for FREE.)

9. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    No, it is not. At home, I preffer to remain casual, drinking only water and apple juice, and at bars I usually mix alcohol with apple juice. It's definitely not the same thing.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink alcohol, but I like trying out new beverages wherever I go. If there is a drink I haven't heard of before, and I can tolerate its ingredients, I will definitely try it. I also like to experiment with fruit, vegetables and nuts at home, creating interesting new combinations, such as cashew nut milk with blackberries, cinnamon and stevia. The possibilities are endless. :)

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have liquor here at home, and it has been here for many years now, because no one in here is fond of alcohol, although it has been opened and consumed a bit already. They were just given to us as gifts. Anyway, I only drink sweet alcoholic drinks like Sauza, so I would say "pass" to anything that tastes remotely bitter.

#11Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014