Is your PayPal account verified?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 28, 2012.

1. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    My PayPal account is verified but I have not yet connected it to a credit card, debit card or bank account. I intend to do so as soon as I receive my Raiffeisen debit card, during next week :)

2. JimBobIII

JimBobIIINew Member

Threads:
    Non-verified, but I've got a card linked to it. I plan on getting one of those debit cards with bank deposit to try and verify it that way. I've still got $4500 I can send before I need to add a bank account anyways.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    What was the process of getting their debit card? Was any more than just applying for it, or did they need more than what the average bank would want when you get one through them? I've been thinking about getting one for bill payment.

4. toughtrasher

toughtrasherNew Member

Threads:
    I actually don't have my PayPal account verified, not sure what the benefits are other than lifted sending/receiving limits.
    I may have one of my debit cards in there or something, but I don't believe that will help verify it.

Anyways, I don't even use PayPal all that much for sending huge amounts (nothing ever over $200) so I think I'm safe.
    I might get it verified some day.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I verified my account when I first started making money online. Some of the money would not be sent to an unverified account.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

Won't you get your money faster if the account is verified? I didn't want to do it either, but I initially thought that I would have to limit the withdrawals as to avoid fees, so I would be requesting larger amounts and I need a verified account for that. But, Pat is also correct in that some places won't pay to an unverified account. That makes sense. It helps lock down the identity of someone online that much more.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, verified for over 5 years now and I think they are a great service. The only trouble is the scam emails you can receive from some fraudsters. I had an email sent saying I had to sign in to my Paypal account because "someone" had accessed my account and changed my details. I clicked on the link in the email and went to sign in with my info, just before I done that I decided to re-read the email sent to me and I noticed at the top of the email it said "dear member". I then brought up paypal site in google and looked through their terms and conditions and every other bit of information about the site.

Paypal NEVER send you an email with the heading being "dear member" they always use your real name, AND they NEVER ask you for your details in an email. Well, I was furious so I done a bit of research online and found a site called "scambaiters.com" who actively have fun on a daily basis by scamming the scammers. I am now a member of this site and enjoy taking scammers on a fun ride. I pretend to be OLD or LONELY or RICH, etc to them, acting like some sort of a victim and I get them jumping through hoops while I'm promising them money and other things. You can get them to write up receipts and keep them busy sending you emails so they have less time to do it to others. You can also try and get them to pay for things using(what is usually) stolen credit cards and report the credit card number to the authorities as soon as you get hold of it. I love the site and enjoy causing them the most frustration I can.

#47Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  8. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    My Paypal account is verified. It's the only way you can get past that $500 transferring minimum. So I had to verify it.

9. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    I am currently in the process of linking my bank account now. They say that it can take around 2-3 days and what they do is deposit a small amount into it. They then ask you how much they put in and I believe once you enter the number it's verified, I'll keep you all posted on how I get on! :)

10. toughtrasher

toughtrasherNew Member

Threads:
    I have a bank account for myself with one debit card in there.
    As I'm a minor, am I allowed to link my bank account to PayPal under my name?

11. Nakhash

NakhashMember

Threads:
    I had my PayPal account verified shortly after opening it. I also opted for a business account and the PayPal debit card. I've never had any problems with it. They performed the verification process as stated and I was good to go.

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My Paypal account was verified immediately after opening it. If at any time Paypal sends you correspondence about your account resolve whatever issue it is immediately or they will lock your account causing further delays in the verification process.

13. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I just recently had my Paypal account verified by attaching it to my checking account. Honestly, I thought that you were required to get it verified. As others have stated, verification is definitely worth it and it is a simple process.

14. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    My account is verified but it is not attached to my bank card. I do have a Paypal card, which haven't been available all that long in the UK. Despite the charges, I love mine - life is so much easier now I have it.

15. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I like to transfer my money from pay pal to my checking account as soon as possible. I have heard of horror stories of Paypal shutting down their accounts willy nilly, resulting them losing a lot of hard earned money. I wish there were a better way to get paid for doing work on line, but I have to work with what is available.

16. Methrend

MethrendNew Member

Threads:
    I made sure to get my account verified almost as soon as I made it, using my bank account. It just made using it so much easier once it was verified - I've found many payments can't be sent or received with an unverified account, as well as the limitations on amounts and such. I did have a bit of an issue a few weeks ago when my bank account was closed and paypal tried to withdraw money for a payment afterwards - which obviously failed. They opened a dispute automatically and un-verified my account, which caused me a bit of a headache trying to get everything sorted out. I eventually just attached my online savings bank account to it to re-verify.

Other than that one thing, I've had no issues at all.

17. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I'm been using paypal for over 10 years now and been verified for the past 9 years. In all that time I've only had one problem with paypal, hope that doesn't change. 50% of my income comes through my PayPal account.

18. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, paypal unverified accounts can still receive money. Just like mine, I received 5 dollars a few days ago and I can still receive some more. Paypal is a great way to shop online, receive money and to send money. I also enjoy the concept of buying online without a credit card since paypal is used to pay and shop online with many sites like e-bay, amazon and other famous online stores.

19. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    I haven't verified mines as yet. I was thinking of getting it done but still a bit skeptical of online security with all the phishing and scammers. I don't really use my account that much so I don't really need most of the features. If a time comes when I need to make bigger transfers I might reconsider but not at the moment.

20. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have been using Paypal for 3 years and It is also verified and ready to use. I think that Paypal is great and I am likely to be with them for a long time.