It is no longer in the mail.

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 1, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Well for those in Canada you may know or will soon be aware that the price of Stamps jumped about 37% overnight. To add insult to injury we have to pay taxes on stamps as well. It is already true that I do not send a lot of letters in the mail, but more so than ever, I have an incentive to switch everything to online payments.

Do think this increase is justified? Do you think this will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people who are still using the postal service for letters?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Writing letters isn't done that often. In that case, a jump in stamp fees doesn't hurt as bad as it did in the past. I mean, writing letters by hand are as out of date as using a typewriter. :rolleyes: However, though, this whole stamp increase might hurt businesses, therefore ordinary people might be hurt as part of some trickle down effect. Also, if you own a business, you could be hurt. For instance, an increase in stamps might raise the cost of goods or keep certain businesses from expanding.