Italian Anyone ?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Scottie • Mar 6, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    I have a number of favorite Italian dishes. Let me list them:

- Spaghetti with meatballs
    - Fettucine alfredo
    - Thin crust pizza
    - Lasagna
    - Ravioli

What is yours?

2. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    Italian is my favourite cuisine, by FAR. I absolutely love making lasagne. It's so easy but it looks impressive and tastes amazinggg. It's the one impressive meal I know how to make! I made it for my boyfriends parents a while ago, trying to impress them, and I'm pretty sure it worked. Hopefully.

I love Chicken Carbonara. It's really bad for you because of the creamy sauce, but it tastes incredible. All Italian food is a little bit bad for you, really - loads of carbs, creamy sauces, and cheese, but it all tastes amazing! Italian food is definitely the reason I am fat.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My mom's side of the family is 100% Italian so we ate a lot of it growing up. In fact, my dad's side of the family was very poor and didn't trace their family history very well so I have no idea what nationality that side of the family really is, so I mainly identify as Italian overall.

Spaghetti is a staple, usually in some sort of slow cooked meat sauce with various cuts of pork and beef, but I also love making a simple tomato based sauce with tuna instead. We rarely make lasagna since it's rather time consuming, uses a lot of pots and pans, and can be pretty expensive if you are making a large one and using all the authentic ingredients.

I enjoy making manicotti from scratch, the kind with the home made crepes - not the store bought tube noodles. Once in a while I will make my own cavatelli, gnudi or gnocchi too since you don't need any special equipment to make them.

Some of my favorite things though are dead simple, such as making some roasted red peppers dressed in a little olive oil and fresh garlic, then seasoned to taste and I will eat them on some fresh Italian bread. I also love making Italian "greens" with escarole sauteed in olive oil, red pepper flakes, and plenty of garlic. I will throw a splash of dry vermouth in there as well and roast some hot Italian wax peppers to go along with them, then top with a generous amount of parmesan or romano.

Polenta is another favorite, and it's very cheap and filling too, plus you can top it with all sorts of stuff. We usually have it topped with a red sauce with Italian sausage.

4. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like all the typical Italian meals like pizza, spaghetti, other noodle meals, etc.

I don't know a whole lot about Italian foods though and I would like to eat more of a variety of Italian meals. Things that the average non-Italian person doesn't ever eat or even know about. I'll have to look up some Italian recipes online :) Thanks for giving me the idea to!

5. autograph

autographNew Member

Threads:
    I love Pizza so much. I could literally eat Pizzas for a whole week and I would not get sick of it. During my university's time, Pizza is the best meal I have access to (free delivery and online ordering). Because of its convenience, I would always order Pizza at least once a week, especially during weekend.
    Spaghetti comes on top of the list right after Pizza, I like spaghetti since I was a kid. The first time I had a taste of it, I immediately loved it. During my primary school, I pestered my mom to cook spaghetti for me. Man, were they delicious!

6. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I just devoured a garlic tiger bread baguette so this is quite fitting. I love Italy and Italian food is my favourite.
    Its rich and creamy and contains dough and pasta based dishes mainly which is great for me as I detest rice.

Years ago an italian lady saved my aunties friends life on holiday in Tenerife. They became best friends and we visted them often and vice-versa.
    The point being I have had the opportunity to go to Italy and feast on authentic dishes and of course the best ice cream in the world.

A few of my favourites:
    Anti-pasti: Bruschetta, Proscuitto, Crostina
    Ciabatta/Paninis
    Lasagne
    Carbonara
    Alfredo

7. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I love Italian food.

Pasta is my favorite dish to have and I like almost all variations of it. Ravioli and Lasagna are among my favorites.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You know in regards to your other thread that nice heavy Italian food pairs well enough with drinking, right? That said I have a thing for Italian food - but then I love cheese, thick sauces, and lots of well-done meat. It's perfect.