Italian thin-crust pizza

Discussion in Online Shopping started by himali.jagma • Jul 12, 2013.

1. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    Step 1
    Brush 2 baking trays with olive oil to grease. Dust with flour.
    Step 2

Follow method for Basic Pizza Dough (steps 1-3, p 60), but use ingredient quantities listed in this recipe. While dough is proving, prepare Basic Pizza Sauce and store 1/2 the quantity as directed.
    Step 3

Preheat oven to 230°C. Place 1 oven shelf in the lowest position and another shelf 2 positions higher.
    Step 4

Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Place 1 portion on a lightly floured surface and cover with a clean, damp tea towel.
    Step 5

Roll other portion out on a lightly floured surface to form a 2mm-thick rectangle. Transfer to 1 of the prepared baking trays. Prick all over with a fork and spread with 1/2 the pizza sauce. Repeat with the remaining dough and pizza sauce. Cover with non-stick baking paper and leave in a warm place for 10 minutes or until pizzas rise slightly.
    Step 6

Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes, swap the trays around and then bake for a further 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the tomatoes, prosciutto and bocconcini. Bake for a further 2 minutes or until the bocconcini just melts. Sprinkle with the basil, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Use an egg slide to slide onto a board, cut into portions and serve immediately.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I was once curious about how to make pizza dough. However, I'm not good with a rolling pin, even when ingredients are pre-mixed. I just buy flatbread or a crusty bread to make pizza boats.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds tasty and everything- who does love thin crust pizza with some good toppings? But I'm not sure it's really a good fit for online shopping, perhaps you were going for food & drink category specifically?

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I am slightly confused. You have said follow methods 1-3 to make the pizza dough but there are no instructions or quantities on how to? I am guessing the recipe is from a book as it says page 60. Could you possibly but the steps from page 60 of the book onto here or the link to it? As I have never made thin and crust pizza as I am not really a fan. My partner is, and this sounds lovely so would like to surprise him with it but want to get the quantity right.