Items Best Bought In Bulk

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Apr 30, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a few items which I prefer to buy in bulk and I'm wondering if there might be other ones that I should start considering to do the same with. Back when I was in university, I took a design course so we used a lot of paper, which is why I opted to buy bulk reams of paper instead of having to buy 10 sheet packs constantly. Not only did this save me a lot of trips to the supplies store but it also ensured I would never run out at the middle of the night while at home when all the stores were closed.

I also like buying paper towels in bulk because I get to save some money by buying bulk and since they aren't products that would deteriorate over time if I didn't use them, I find it practical to just keep a lot in storage.

What items do you guys like to buy in bulk? Do you have any items that you think would be unnecessary to buy in bulk?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever thought about buying food in bulk? I used to live in a place where there was a health food store that only sold in bulk, and it was enormously popular. Often, at the end of the month, you might be a little short of cash, and you can't afford to buy packaged foods. And that's where bulk food comes into it. You might just grab a handful of noodles, a small bottle of olive oil, a little bag of nuts and some organic chocolate, all for around $10. That's what I love about it. You can choose whatever amount you want from a big selection. Once I bought 5 almonds, and nobody gave me any second looks.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn’t thought of that, which surprises me. I go to a natural food store to buy spices because the bulk prices are cheaper, and I have seen other products like nuts sold in bulk but hadn’t thought to buy just a small amount. I don’t think the prices here are as good as they are at an all-bulk store, but it’d still be a good way to get cashews, almonds, and pecans for fairly cheap.

Other than that, paper products are pretty much the only things I buy in bulk as well. Not much storage space where I live, but I like to have some on hand. Plus living way out in the middle of the ocean, labor disputes/port strikes are a risk, especially lately. I certainly wouldn’t want to be caught without toilet paper.