It's not that warm!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Lostvalleyguy • May 7, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I was out for a bike ride earlier today and it is sunny and a little windy here. I started in the morning with a hoodie but was down to a T-shirt and shorts when I warmed up. It was a little cool that way but comfortable. My ride took me along the beach and I was surprised at the number of young people with their tops off or just a bikini top. It is not that warm (15C; 60F). In a day and age when skin cancer and tanning are hot topics, I am surprised to see so many people out tanning mid day on a Wednesday. It is a great day to be out on a walk but lying idle on a windy beach is for a warmer day.

While some sun is good for a person, is the beautiful tanned look worth a chill and potential skin problems down the road?

2. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    Everyone I know that tans on the beach still uses some type of sunscreen.

I prefer tanning when it's a little windy, because I still get the sun without being overly hot. If you lay out there long enough, or sit still, it's a lot less chilly than it is to someone who's walking around and moving. I'd worry more about people tanning in extreme heat because they're more likely to become dehydrated or have a heatstroke. I think tanning when it's a big cool outside is perfectly fine.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Oh boy, do I agree with you! Last weekend myself and a group of friends went for a quick trip out of the city - just visiting the woods and having a quick picnic. And guess who forgot to bring proper clothes? All of us! Because it was sunny, yeah. Now I'm paying through my nose for medication since I got a cold. So much for saving money! Never got one in the winter but I managed to catch it in the spring. Sweet ... :(

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's 15ºC and people are on their bikinis? Where on earth do you live? In Brazil people are wearing a jacket when It's 25ºC saying it's too cold! Here we are at that adaptation period when it's not hot anymore but it's definitely not cold yet. I particularly love this weather!